Roka

The Dreece vanished into thin air.

Roka looked around, everything was quiet, the Dreece had retreated.
From the side of his eye Hako spotted a figure moving then something orange rushing towards Roka, Hako moved quickly and cut the orange flame to pieces, he quickly looked but the attacker was gone.

The last of the sunlight was fading away.
"Thank you Hako. I don't expect you to trust anyone but the forest will take you away and you will never be seen ever again" spoke Roka.
"I'm very confused right now" replied Hako.
"An hour that way will take you out of the forest" nodded Roka "five minutes on my back will take you to safety, you have one minute to choose".

Hako stood and thought about how fast he was able to move against the rising moon, he would never make the edge of the forest before the sun was completely gone, not on foot.

Hako moved towards Roka, her back was as high as his chest, her fur was thick and felt like silk to touch.
Hako climbed onto Rako's back and was taken up into the sky, the wind clashed against his face.
Roka had started running among the tops of the trees at an amazing speed and after a few minutes she dived down the side of a mountain, Hako's stomach felt like it was moving upwards, he tightened his grip onto Roka.
Roka landed as softly and quietly as she could.

"Your safe now, welcome to my home, my children will be here soon, they will keep watch over you"
"有難う" thanked Hako.
"There is food inside" spoke Roka.
A cut in the side of the mountain allowed Hako a place to sleep and he ate fruit that was piled up.

Later that night...
"That weapon you hold, what happened to it?"  asked Roka.
Hako told Roka the story about his life and his battles, showed Roka the pieces of his sword, talked about the last thing he seen and heard and losing Jin then waking up in the forest.
A sadness came over Hako as he spoke about his family and Roka stopped asking questions and left him to his thoughts.
During the night Hako sat and stared at the fire at the edge of the cave.
Hako didn't realise he had fallen asleep beside the heat.