Love

Hako shouted after Xin, the cage was gone and Xin was limp, his lifeless body was stabbed through the heart.

"Xin..." whispered Hako, a lump in his throat stopped his last words.
Roka had shifted and gotten to her feet, she had realised she was tricked by Okah and looking at Xin, his dead body in Hako's arms brought shame into her heart.
"Please forgive me" she expressed.
Hako remained silent for a few minutes then getting up, he brought Xin with him and went into the forest and buried Xin beside his friend Yoni. Hako stayed by the burial all day and night. Roka stayed with him and never spoke.
She never said anything but she felt responsible for Xin.
Hako prayed...

A few days later Kusari and Tama had spent time with Hako, their mother Roka was away.

"We thought you were here to protect us all, to save us, to help us" said Kusari.
"Your not keeping your promise to Ancoric" spat Tama
"From the time I arrived which you know, you have seen my enemy, with your strength and might you have fought together, beasts are reporting about Ancoric's power, our enemies are losing the battles, and I will never leave anyone alone" pronounced Hako.
Kusari started to move around him.
"You are misleading us, all of us, you share nothing, you are not telling us the truth, we have no secrets, the Dreece, the Ura, the Monkey and now the Xin lay in the earth" mouthed Kusari
"The Xin are sacred to all of us and since your arrival they are dying" roared Tama and bared her teeth at Hako.

Hako reached for his blade but never drew it.
Kusari and Tama launched their attack on Hako and had gotten the better of him, Kusari had Hako's arm in his mouth, Tama had pinned him to the ground, Roka had sprang from above slashing and biting Kusari and Tama, her fury was echoed in the air, her teeth gripped their flesh, Kusari and Tama never seen such anger in their mother before, she tossed them about as easily as leaves fall from a tree.

"How dare you question my love for you" scolded Roka. Kusari and Tama bared their teeth at Roka and flashed their claws.