A Cat Burglar Turned Hero

It's been two months since Damian joined the family and since I became Echo. Suprisingly Bruce has decided to get out there and is going on a date with... Selina Kyle, Catwoman. Dick and I are teasing him about it.

Dick: Bruce Wayne is finally getting out there, huh?

Y/n: I would never guess it would be with an infamous cat burglar. Especially after Talia.

Dick: You've got a type.

Y/n: You have got to stop getting involved with your villains.

Bruce: It's only to keep an eye on her.

Y/n: Mhm.

Dick: Better hurry. Don't wanna leave her waiting.

Bruce leaves and I go to the batcave to take a look at any activity.

Bruce's POV

I'm driving to the date location when I get a call from Damian. I answer it ane he shows up on the screen in the car.

Bruce: Yes?

Damian: Father, it has come to my attention you're going on a date with Catwoman.

Bruce: Who told you?

Damian: Y/n.

Bruce: Of course he did.

Damian: Now, if you're going to this, make sure you are able to fight. If things do get... escalted, please use protection...

Bruce: Damian!

Damian: And because of how I was concieved please, cover your drink...

I hang up on him and continue driving.

Y/n's pov

As I loom through police reports something catches my eye. Bank robberies are being commited by the same group of people. We know that because they all wear clown masks. Joker's men. I don't want to ruin Bruce's night so I get Dick instead.

Dick: All wearing clown masks. Any other connections.

Y/n: Not that I can see. I can predict a pattern. It's just dots on a screen right now.

Dick: Try connecting them.

I do as he says and it almost forms a smile.

Dick: Now look for banks in that area.

I do so and one comes up.

Dick: That's his next target. And it's the last so he might do something worse than rob it.
We need more info though.

Y/n: We could just scope it out.

Dick: Maybe.

Timeskip to week later.

Me, Nightwing and Batman are out on patrol when a certain person ends up joining us.

Y/n: What is she doing here.

Catwoman: What? I can't be helpful?

Nightwing: Hey, she's helping us.

Y/n: I'm still watching my back. We can't trust her.

Nightwing: Hey, if you can change, so can she.

Y/n: I'm watching you.

A van pulls up outside of the bank and multiple armed goons come out. We stay watching untip they enter. That's when we decide to go inside. When we enter we see a few hostages and the armed men. We all look at eachother and jump down to attack.

We save the hostages and beat the men down until one was left. Batman walks over and grabs him. He slams him against a wall and starts interrogating him.

Batman: Where's the Joker?

Henchman: I won't tell.

Batman hits him.

Batman: Where is he?

Henchman: The old amusment park near the peir.

Y/n: That wasn't so hard now was it?

Batman knocks him out and we leave. We go to the amusement park and see that the Joker has decorated. When we enter we see more henchmen. We make quick work of them then head to where the Joker may be. We enter a room and see him standing near a broken window.

Joker: Batsy! Terribly sorry, but I'm leaving! Ta ta!

He jumps out and we rush to the window to see him parachute away.

Nightwing: What was he in a hurry for.

I look around and see bombs.

Y/n: Bombs! Run!

We quickly run through the amusement park to get to the door. Right as we make it to the door one of the explosions go off early and it slams me against a wall. Then something falls on me and I'm pinned down.

Y/n: Help!

They turn.

Batman: Echo!

Before they get over to me, Catwoman helps me push it off of me and helps me run to the exit.

Y/n: Thank you.

Catwoman: No problem, kid.

Nightwing: We should get him to Alfred.

Timeskip.

Alfred checks me over and comes to the conclusion that I sprained my ankle.

Alfred: Don't do any patrols for a few weeks by then you should be well.

Y/n: Thanks, Alfred.

Batman walks over.

Y/n: Does she know your... you know?

Batman: Yes.

Y/n: Good now I get to take this off.

I take off my helmet and mask.

Y/n: Now, if you don't mind, I'm going up to the manor.

I limp to the elevator and go to the manor.

Cass: What happened this time?

Y/n: Sprained ankle.

Cass: How?

Y/n: Got thrown into a wall and then debris fell on it.

Cass: Alright then.

I go to my room to get the rest I need so I can get back out there and stop the Joker.