Two Bats In A Cave

It's been a few days and Cass is walking around. I've been helping her in any way I can. She seems thankful but a tad bit annoyed. I've backed off a bit so she won't be annoyed with me.

I enter the living room and sit on one of the couches across from her.

Y/n: Hey there.

Cass: Hey, Y/n.

Y/n: You look like your doing great.

Cass: I've gotten better.

Y/n: I'm glad to hear that.

Cass: I'd like to thank you. For helping me.

Y/n: Cass, it really isn't a problem.

Cass: Y/n, you've been here with me since day one. Let me return the favor. Please.

Y/n: Okay.

Cass: Pick me up at eight?

Y/n: Uh, yeah sure.

I leave a little bit later and get ready to hang out with Cass. I shower, get some better clothes on, and shave. After waiting for a bit I get in my car and drive to the Manor to pick her up. When I pull up, I see her in a nice looking outfit. I get out of the car and open the door for her.

Y/n: Hey, Cass.

Cass: Hi, Y/n.

She gets in the car and I close the door. I get in the driver seat.

Y/n: So, where we going?

Cass: There's a resturaunt called Stalone's in the south part of Gotham. Good food.

Y/n: Sounds great.

I begin driving to the resturaunt while we talk. We arrive at the resturaunt and I park near it. We enter and walk up to the hostess.

Y/n: Table for two please.

Hostess: Right this way.

She leads us to a table next to window and we sit down.

Cass: So, how's not living in the Manor going?

Y/n: It's lonely, but a bit freeing.

Cass: It sounds kind of nice. I'm wanting to get my own place soon.

Y/n: That's cool. What kind of place are you thinking?

Cass: An apartment. Maybe in the northern part of Gotham.

Y/n: I live up there in an apartment.

Cass: We could be neighbors.

She laughs for a second. Then we look into eachothers eyes. I get lost in them. It's like floating in space.

???: Hey there, can I take your orders?

We snap out of it and look at the waiter.

Cass: Oh, uh yeah.

We order whatever we wanted and then go back to eachother. We talk for a while until the food comes out. After we eat we go back to the car. I pull into the Manor's drive way.

Cass: Thanks... for tonight.

Y/n: It was my pleasure.

Cass: Well, goodnight.

Y/n: Goodnight.

Before she gets out she quickly kisses me on the cheek then goes into the Manor.

A week later.

Cass is finally cleared to go on patrols. She asked me to come with her on her first patrol back. We're looking over an old green house. We suspect Poison Ivy is hiding out there. She has been making enough hormones to make everyone in Gotham bend to her will.

Cass: Can't wait to bring down my first big bad in a while.

Y/n: Glad you're back out.

Cass: Me too.

Y/n: Now, let's take her down.

Cass: Gladly.

We glide over to the rooftop the green house was on. We look through the window and sure enough, Poison Ivy was in there with the staff of the green house. She must be mind controling to use them as slaves to make hormones.

Y/n: Turn on your oxygen mask.

I push a button on the side of my helmet that turns on filters in the air system of my helmet. Cass pulls out a small rebreather and puts it into her mouth so she can breathe without taking in the hormones.

Y/n: Let's go.

She nods and we enter the green house.

Y/n: Ivy!

She turns and looks at us.

Ivy: Echo. Why is it everytime I try to have some fun, Batman's little posse has to stop me?

She makes vines come out and attack us. I jump over one and run at her. Cass also rushes her. I throw a batarang at a vine and it cuts it. She makes her slaves attack us so now we have them fighting us along with the vines.

Cass: Don't hurt them more than needed.

Y/n: Got it.

We finally stop the slaves and go back to Ivy. She attacks with vines and extremely large plants. I dive at her but one of her vines grab me. It turns me upside down and brings me over to her.

Ivy: Let's see what you look like without the helmet.

She takes it off and sees the mask I keep on under it.

Ivy: No fun. Let's make you switch sides.

She leans in to mind control me.

Cass: Get away from him!

Cass comes out of nowhere and punches her square in the jaw and knocks her out. I fall from the vine.

Y/n: Thanks.

She helps me up.

Cass: No problem. Let's get out of here. Cops will be here soon.

We go to a different rooftop and sit on the edge of the roof.

Y/n: Thank you for saving me from Ivy.

I take off my helmet and put it to the side.

Cass: I couldn't let her do that to you.

Y/n: You did great for your first time back.

Cass: Thanks. You know, when I saw her about to kiss you... I felt that I need to stop her because... nevermind.

Y/n: It's okay. Say what you need to.

She takes a deep breath.

Cass: Ever since you saved me from Slade, I have seen you in a different light. You're bold, strong, dependent, and... one of the greatest people I have ever met.

We look into eachothers eyes. We start leaning in and eventually our lips meet. We kiss for what seems like forever and then seperate for air.

Cass: That was...

Y/n: Amazing.

I look to the rising sun and sigh.

Y/n: I have to go.

Cass: Me too.

We go our seperate ways and I go home to think about what happened. After a while I go to sleep to get some rest.