9.

.:*・☆・゜・*:.。.

The next day, at 3 pm, Elara awoke from the events of the previous night, her face puffy and body sticky from the dance floor. Reflecting on the memories, she reached for her phone flooded with notifications, many from TikTok, leaving her bewildered.

After expressing gratitude to her party guests via messages, Elara found a text from Stella, urging her to cal

Before checking tiktok she decided to check her messages and thank everybody who came to her party. After ten minutes of thanking people, Elara only had one text message to respond to which was a message from Stella telling her to ring her once she's woken up.

Despite her raspy morning voice, a result of both waking up and the previous night's activities, Elara decided to call Stella.

"Elara !" Stella's loud voice echoed

"Not so loud Stella please" Elara groaned

"Before I scold you for the shenanigans and not informing me or inviting me, you should know—you've gone viral on TikTok!" Stella exclaimed.

"What?"

"Yeah, there's a video of you running around a corner shop dressed in that red outfit you wore to your party. People are naming you all sorts of things! This is good!"

"What, how's that good?"

"It's beneficial; you're building your reputation and gradually appearing on their screens. This is your opportunity to win them over! Plus, with you and Jacob Elordi as a couple on screen, you'll become the new crush of the public.""

"What?

Her eyes widened, jaw dropping. Stella's mention of her and Jacob as a couple on screen triggered a realization. Shock consumed her as she processed the news—she got the role.

I've got the role?!"

"Yes, you got the role darling!" Stella cheered

Elara screamed, springing out of bed, her eyes instantly watering. "Thank you, thank you, thank you. This wouldn't be possible without you, Stella," she praised.

Stella soaked up the praise, beaming from ear to ear. Elara viewed Stella as her guidance, a home away from home, helping her adjust to life in a new country.

"Oh yes, by the way, be prepared. Eleanor will be calling, and you have to pretend I didn't spill the news!" Stella added.

Okay," Elara responded, another wave of shock hitting her.

"I'm proud of you, but this is only the beginning. So we can celebrate when we are watching this on the big screens."

"Of course."

"Hanging up now, goodbye."

"Bye bye," Elara mumbled, sinking onto the edge of her bed. Her back hunched, hands holding her head, jaw dropped. The past days felt like an entry into an alternate universe. A few months ago, she would have never believed this was her life. After a few minutes, her phone buzzed with a no-call ID, signaling Eleanor's call.

Twenty minutes later, Eleanor had to provide all the necessary details to Elara, including the first table reading and shooting timeframe.

Still in shock after the call, Elara was bursting with excitement. She spent the next hour sharing the news with her mother and best friends.

As the evening settled in, Elara, now calmer, opened TikTok to discover the viral video which had been made into many edits. Clicking on one, she saw herself running around a store, her outfit accentuating her curves. The comments ranged from inquiries about her identity to compliments on her appearance. She fell back on her bed with a huge smile, then checked Instagram, finding new followers and she clicked on her story, where she was met with a cute photo of her and Dominic~ her new friend she made last night.

She then clicked her dms and saw that her most recent chat was with Jacob, she was confused. Confused, she read the conversation, realising it wasn't what she expected. Especially, as it ended with him calling her a 'good girl' when she read it felt her body tingle whilst her mind was racing with thoughts - 'He's now my co-worker. I have to act civil with him"

Elara pondered whether to send Jacob a message or give him a call on Instagram as she did not have his phone number- which was her fault.

Unbeknownst, to the girl Jacob was sitting in his hotel room, watching the same edit of Elara running around the corner store in her sexy red outfit, whilst the chorus of play date played repeatedly each time the edit would restart.

His eyebrows crinkled as he debated if he should give Elara a call on Instagram and hope she would pick up or message her. Acknowledging, she did leave him on read before. Suddenly,  he felt his phone vibrate and he saw a notification from Instagram which really shocked him.

✉️Elara : we need to meet up.

AN: 4 am need to sleep and edit this, this week has been crazy!