ground rules

He can't talk. He can't even think. It feels like his soul has left his body again. His daughter is missing again.

A voice brought him back to reality. "Bong?" It's Leni.

"Leni?" He stood up, washing his face with his hand.

"I know where she is." Leni said, determined.

"What?" He needed to make sure. He didn't want his hopes crushed.

She smiled. "I think I know where Sue is. Let's go!"

He nodded and instantly followed Leni. Security scrambled.

They were in the jet for almost an hour before riding a white van. He looked outside the window and recognized the place.

"Naga." He uttered.

"Yeah." Leni almost whispered.

He smiled at her then went back to sight seeing. He definitely missed the place. A lot has changed. Decades ago, only a few establishments were there and there were no traffic, but now, he can see tall buildings and a lot of malls and a lot of cars.

"Where are we?" Bongbong asked after they pullover in front of two-story house.

"This is Sue's parents house." Leni said. "Well, technically, they're not her parents."

He nodded. "They adopted Sue."

"No. I mean, Sue treated them as her second parents. They were her high school teachers. Naging ka close sila ni Sue to the point na umuuwi na sya dito. They practically raised Sue." Leni explained.

He nodded. He owed these teachers a lot. "Why do you think she's here? I mean, bakit hindi dun sa parents na nag adopt sa kanya?"

Leni sighed. "They were separated. Her dad died and her mom is in abroad working. So this house and these people are practically Sue's family."

Bongbong nodded, sadly. He felt bad for his daughter. He's gonna make sure that he'll make it up to her and will give her the family she deserves.

Ringing...
Family

It was Leni's phone. Her daughters are calling through their telegram thread. She looked at Bongbong, "It's my daughters. Mauna ka na sa loob. I'll just take this call."

He nodded and went out. His security rang the doorbell for him. He cannot deny that he's a bit nervous.

"Sino po sila?" A man came out of the house.

Bongbong cleared his throat. "Magandang gabi po! Ako po si Bongbong, nandyan po ba si Sue?"

The man instantly recognized Bongbong. He gasped. "Mr. President! Hala pasok po kayo! Tuloy po kayo! Ako ng po pala si Ariel." He immediately unlocked the gate and let Bongbong in.

"Salamat po. Nice to meet you, Sir!" Bongbong smiled and handshake with him. "Nandyan po ba si Sue?"

"Nandito po, Sir. Actually, ineexpect po namin na hanapin nyo sya dito." Ariel said. He lead Bongbong where Sue is.

Bongbong went in and immediately located Sue who's talking to a woman. "Anak?"

Sue's jaw dropped after seeing Bongbong. She didn't expect him to be there. "You're the President!"

Bongbong nodded. Then, Leni came in.

Sue was even more surprised. "And you're my President!"

Leni nodded. She knew Sue voted for her last election.

"Oh my god! Are you real?! I mean— bakit po kayo nandito?" Sue stammered.