i drink wine

"Millie!" Leni exclaimed over the phone the moment she heard her best friend picked up.

"LENI!" Millie matched Leni's energy making her irked. "Ano ba? Kung maka Millie ka naman akala mo hindi tayo magkakilala since we were 16. Saka anong oras na, alas onse na ng gabi—"

Leni cut her off. "I saw him!!"

"Him? Bongbong?" Millie guessed.

Leni nodded enthusiastically even though Millie cannot see her. "Yes!"

Millie smirked. "Sa bagay sino bang ibang him sa buhay mo. My god Leni ha! Grow up naman!"

Leni rolled her eyes. "Ano ba makikinig ka ba o ano?"

Millie sighed. "O ano sige na? What happened?"

"He's with Sec. Mina." Leni almost whispered.

Millie can hear how disappointed her best friend was. "Sec Mina? Mina ng DBM?"

"Yeah. They went out for dinner. Nakita namin ni Sue kasi nasa same restaurant lang kami. And Mills," Leni exhaled deeply, "Kumain sila sa private area ng restaurant. Silang dalawa lang."

There were silence. Millie can sense how sad Leni was to the point that she didn't know what to say to her. Ever since she became friends with Leni, she became friends with Bongbong too, they are some sort of a package. She saw how Bongbong and Leni persevered and how they conquered everything life has thrown them. Even though they didn't end up together, she knew that destiny will always find a way for them to find one another.

"Gusto mo puntahan kita?" Millie asked, sympathizing with her friend.

"Please." Leni whispered.

"Okay." Millie stood up from her bed. "I-ready mo na yung wine natin dyan, magsusuot lang ako ng bra."

Leni chuckled before they hung up.

Twenty minutes later, Leni heard someone rang their doorbell. She knew it's Millie so she opened it up immediately. It's already 11:58pm.

"Bongbong?" Leni gasped. He was standing on her doorstep.

"Hi!" He smiled a bit.

"What are you doing here at this hour?" She looked at the hallway. "Where's Millie?"

He frowned. "Uh wala? Bakit mo sya hinahanap? Mag-isa lang ako pumunta dito." He said. "Well, may mga PSG akong kasama, but yeah, ako lang."

She was even more confused. What happened to Millie? "Teka nga, ano bang ginagawa mo dito?" Crossing her arms to her chest.

He stared at her, "Pwede ba tayo sa loob?"

She raised an eyebrow. "Bakit nga?"

He sighed, staring at her. "Let's talk, Cabbage, please."

Leni felt the shivers in an instant. Her heart races. That endearment never fails to make her feel all the feels.

"Please?" He almost whispered.

She sighed. She cannot say no to that. She moved to make way for him. She exhaled deeply after locking the door once again.

"Anong pag-uusapan natin?" She asked with flat authoritative voice.

Bongbong saw a bottle of wine and two wine glasses. "That's why you're looking for Millie."

"And?" She raised an eyebrow. She knew he knew what those glasses meant.

"Bakit kayo mag iinom ng ganitong oras? Umaga na." He asked. "Pareho kayong may pasok bukas. Baka magreklamo ka ng migraine mo. Buti sana kung nadadaan mo pa sa pain killers."