cuff it

Bongbong greeted everyone as he walked in the hallways of Malacañan. He has an exciting day ahead. He went inside his office and checked the pile of papers waiting for him, but before he dig into it, he called Paula in.

"Yes, Sir?" Paula asked, racking her brain if she forgot to bring any important papers.

He pulled out a small box from his pocket. "Paula, I trust you."

Paula blinked many times, trying to comprehend her boss. "Po?"

"I trust you, so I'm gonna let you in on a secret." He said.

It thrilled Paula.

He opened the small, old box and show it to her.

A diamond ring.

Paula's eyes bulged. "Magpopropose na po kayo kay Atty. Leni?!"

He chuckled. "I always knew you're smart!"

She beamed. "So what do I do, sir?"

"I want a grand proposal, Paula." He said like he's dreaming.

She nodded, taking notes on her iPad. "What kind of grand ba 'to sir? Sa hall? Beach? Yacht? Out of the country?"

He stood up, "During SONA."

Paula halted. "Po? Sa— SO— SONA? As in State of the Nation?"

He chuckled. "Yes! I want an audience. You think it's grand enough?"

Audience? Eh buong mundo yung nandun eh. Paula thought. "Uh ye— yes sir! Super grand. Pero paano po ang security—"

He cut her off by opening her palm and placing the small box on it. "You make sure this is polished. This is vintage, Paula. It's been sitting on my drawer for decades now. It's time for it to get a makeover."

She nodded. "Okay po."

"Good! Let's go! We're seeing the love of my life today!" He walked out, telling his security that they will be going to his first agenda of the day.

---

"How's Sue, Atty.?" Menchie, a known reporter asked Leni.

They were seated for an interview at the Museo ng Pag-Asa. Leni was asked about her life two years after her VP stint and her future plans.

Leni smiled. "She's okay naman. Busy sya with her work, uh she's actually traveling a lot kasi lecturer sya sa isang review center. Busy sya magturo plus she's occupied with her work here in Angat Buhay."

Menchie was surprised, it was never published that Sue was helping the NGO. "She's working here? Ano po yung work nya dito?"

Leni nodded. "Yes. After she took the boards, she asked me if pwede daw ba sya mag volunteer dito, I said yes naman agad. Nahihiya daw kasi sya baka anong sabihin ng mga staff or ng ibang tao once nalaman nila na, uh, syempre anak sya ng daddy nya. But the staff naman are very friendly, si Sue din naman ganon din and madali syang maka-adjust. Kaibigan nya na nga lahat ng nandito pati yung mga gumagawa ng kape dyan sa labas."

They laughed.

"Currently, she's focused on the health programs namin, especially sa mental health initiatives namin." Leni continued. "Marami syang mga gustong gawin na projects actually. Natutuwa naman ako because she's very passionate about the things I am passionate about as well."

Menchie smiled, "Mukhang namana po ni Sue yun sainyo."

Leni chuckled, proudly. "I hope so. But she's very natural with people. Yun ang napansin ko sa kanya. Hindi mo na sya kailangan sabihan or pilitin, talagang nagkukusa sya, gaya nung isang araw sabi nya gusto nya daw sumama sa mga community visit ko. Actually, sumasama sya sa Kuya nya, kay Cong. Sandro. Sumasama na sya sa district. Narinig ko nga minsan parang isasama yata sya ng Daddy nya somewhere."