cabbage

"Ingat kayo!" Leni bid goodbye to her daughters.

"Sulitin nyo na Ninang nyo. Pabili kayo ng kahit ano." Bongbong jested as the girls hugged him goodbye as well.

As the door shut leaving Bongbong and Leni inside the small condo unit, they can immediately hear the awkward silence. "Let's talk." He uttered.

She didn't even nod or acknowledge what she heard.

"Look, Leni, I want to say sorry for what happened." He started. "I overreacted when I heard it from Kit. Gusto ko lang naman malaman kung niligawan ka ba—"

"Paano kung sabihin kong oo?" She cut him off.

He frowned. "Nagpaligaw ka naman?"

That came to her differently. "Excuse me? Are you saying na wala akong karapatan mag date or kahit magpaligaw man lang or some sort?!"

"I didn't say that." He was confident.

"Then what are you saying?!" She was getting pissed.

"I don't know! Okay!" He was irked as well. He didn't even know how to lay down the words to express what he wants.

She exhaled in exasperation. "You are unbelievable!"

"What?! Me? Gusto ko lang naman malaman kung niligawan ka ba ni Digong or naging boyfriend mo ba sya o anong namagitan sainyong dalawa sa loob ng anim na taon. Bakit kasi ang defensive mo? Simple lang naman sana eh." He bombarded her with his thoughts.

"Oh so now I am being defensive?!" She snorted. "Bakit ikaw ha, ilang babae ang naging girlfriend mo? Ilang babae ang naikama mo simula ng maghiwalay tayo? Sige nga!"

"Oh my god, Leni! This isn't about me!" He face palm himself.

"Oh come on, Bongbong!" She snorted. "Ngayon ikaw ang di makasagot! Bakit? Kasi hindi big deal kasi lalaki ka naman and you can just easily collect women?!"

"Wow! I can't believe you! Of all people ikaw talaga ang magsasabi nyan saakin?! You've known me since we were young, alam mong hindi ako ganyang klaseng lalaki. May mga kapatid akong babae, alam mo kung gaano ako ka-protective sa kanila at alam mo how I appreciate them. All my life, I am surrounded with wonderful women and you know how I looked up to them, how I value them, how I value you. Hindi ko alam na kaya mong mag-isip ng ganyan saakin." He shook his head.

She swallowed the lump on her throat. She felt guilty for saying that. She knew he's not that kind of guy. "Eh ikaw nag umpisa ng away na 'to eh!" She tries to blame him.

He sighed. "You know what, forget it. Ako na may kasalanan. I'll just go home, pareho tayong pagod."

But before he gets to hold the knob, she spoke again.

"So yun na yun?!" She raised an eyebrow.

He turned around. "What now? Ako na nga ang mali. Okay na. Tapos na."

"Aalis ka na?! Yun na yun?! That's how you think this will be fixed?!" She ranted.

"Len—"

"Hanggang ngayon ganyan ka pa rin! Bwisit ka!" She rolled her eyes and left.

He watched her stomped away. He then heard the door upstairs shut forcefully. He sighed.

25 minutes later, Bongbong was still in Leni's unit. He decided to sat on the couch while she was still upstairs. He remembered something so he grabbed his phone from his pocket and composed a message for Millie;

To: Millie Buenaflor

I hope you're having fun with the girls. Don't come home yet. It's gonna be a looong night.