Chapter Nine

"That's crazy." I said "I can't tell him, at least not now."

"It's best to tell him now, he's probably already suspicious." Winston pleaded.

"Fine I'll tell him." I swallowed my pride and walked back to my dad who was talking to Emmet and Chandler. Grayson was still standing there quite awkwardly. "Dad, can I tell you something?" I whispered. The alpha nodded and I started explaining. "Well, on Tuesday, I found my mate."

My dad's eyes widened in shock, while my mom looked quite amused. I turned to look at Grayson, his face was full of shock as well. "And...its Grayson. Grayson and I are mates." I confessed while walking over and grabbing Grayson's hand.

"Whoa, what a surprise!" Winston said while walking up to the group.

"Ha ha funny. Just saying, Winston knew the entire time." I added. My dad looked furious. Like even worse than I have ever seen him. After all, Grayson is his arch nemesis.

"Well if the moon goddess paired you guys it must be for a good reason." He said trying to stay calm. I smiled. I was glad he supported it.

"High five! You did it, you told you dad!" Winston said raising up his hand. I gave him a high five and he raised up his hand for Grayson to high five him. He didn't budge at all and just stared at Winston's hand. "Oh okay alright we'll work on that." He mumbled lowering his hand. My parents and the guards dispersed and checked for any rogues hanging around still. I could hear my dad shouting orders but they were barely understandable for me. Grayson pulled me aside.

"Why didn't you tell me you were telling your dad about it?"

"I decided that he deserved to know. The longer we kept it from him the more difficult it would be." I explained.

"Couldn't you have given me a heads up?"

"I could have, but it was a decision I made on a minutes notice. I'm sorry."

"Okay, it's okay." He replied.

"I have to go home now, Winston is driving me back." I said while giving him a hug. "I'll text you later!"

Winston was in too much pain to drive, so technically I drove us back. He healed mostly but there was still a bit of pain he was going through. "Hey Win, will you go with me to the infirmary to check on Henry?" He looked at me with a smile on his face.

"Gladly."

"Thanks, man." We got back to the pack and parked the car at my house then ran to the infirmary. I saw Brooklyn's dad and quickly walked up to him. "How's Henry?"

"He is much better, he's sleeping but he will be up soon and walking." He assured me. I walked in and sat on the end of the bed looking down at Henry. My phone buzzed and I feared that it would wake up Henry. It was a text from Grayson.

'Did you make it back okay?'
'Yes, I'm in the infirmary right now with Henry.'

'Okay just making sure. I miss you.'

'I miss you too.' I replied.

Winston came in and I locked my phone. "Okay so I talked to the doctor, and he said Henry will be up any time now." I nodded at him statement. That was good. I want my brother back, I know I have Graham but he's been locked up in his room a lot. I looked at Winston then back at Henry. I checked my phone again, it was 5:05. I was frightened by a gasp. It was Henry, Henry is awake. I hopped up.

"Henry oh my god, you're awake!" I yelped while rushing to give him a big hug.

"I told you I would make it." He whispered. "Can I have some water?" I turned and looked at Winston who started rushing out to grab water him. He came back moments later with three water bottles passing one to me and one to Henry. Henry sat up to drink his water. He was fully healed and looked much better than before.