Chapter Nineteen

*three days later*
**Grayson**
I stayed in her room all night, never leaving her side. I want to be here when she wakes up. The bruises she had were starting to heal. Others visited occasionally, I sent them away after a certain amount of time. Mackenzie is in a coma, and we don't know how long she'll be in it or when she'll wake up. There was a knock on the door.

"Grayson, you should go to bed. I will watch her and inform you if something changes." It was Caspar, I have decided to forgive her. He protected her for the most part and was honorable to his word.

"No, I really should stay and make sure she's okay."

"I can not let that happen, you look exhausted. Mackenzie would want you to rest."

"I can rest here."

"No, go. If not for you but for her." I decided to go after that. He was right, if I looked as tired as I felt then I looked horrible. I stumbled up the stairs and into my bedroom. I changed into a pair of grey sweatpants and a black tee shirt. I crawled into bed and soon all my worries of the world were released as I slipped into a deep sleep.

**Caspar**
Mackenzie looked so peaceful as she laid on the hospital bed. I felt awful, I feel like this is somewhat my fault. I should have seen Graham retaliate and help. "Hey Caspar, we need to talk to you about something." Spoke someone from the door. I looked up, it was Winston and Victoria. They probably came to check on Mackenzie.

"Oh, I'll get out so you can stay with Mackenzie." I offered starting to rise from my chair.

"Oh no, that's not what we are here for. I mean it is, but there's something else." Victoria said while sitting down at the edge of her bed. Winston sat by Mack's bed, I was sitting in a chair by the door. "You're going to want to move closer." She added with a smile. I slid my chair to the end of the bed and looked at the two quizzically. There was a long moment of silence, my eyes drifted towards Mackenzie.

"You love her, don't you?" Winston stated confidently.

"W-what, no I don't. Maybe as a friend."

"Don't play dumb with us, we see how you look at her." Victoria retorted.

"And I saw the way you looked when she was hurt." Winston added. I looked down at my hands.

"OMG he's blushing!" Victoria squealed.

"Alright, alright. I'm in love with her!" I whispered, "I love how her expression is constantly changing, her smile and the way she talks. I love everything about her." The two seemed to silently cheer and high fived each other.

"WE KNEW IT!" They shouted in unison.

"Guys, please keep this a secret. She is my best friends mate, I couldn't live with myself if he were to find out. Perhaps it's just a minor crush and I will get over it. I still have my mate to think of, even though I haven't found her yet." They nodded. Victoria and Winston stood up. I noticed Victoria already had quite the baby bump. She was only about a month pregnant, but werewolf pregnancies move fast. Instead of nine months, it lasts three.
"Well we best be going, I have to get back to Poppy." Winston stated exiting the room, Victoria followed close behind. Soon I was alone in the room with Mackenzie. I sat down in the chair by her bed.

"Please get better." I whispered.
**Mackenzie**
Do people know I can hear them when I'm in a coma? I guess not, but I definitely can and I heard everything. It broke my heart every time I heard Grayson cry, or when he tells himself to stay strong. I really want to wake up, I need to.

Caspar's conversation with Winston and Victoria was mind blowing. Caspar can't be in love with me. What about his mate? God, if I were to wake up now, I would ask so many questions.
"Please get better." I heard him whisper. I wish I could answer. Tell him I'm fine, and that I know everything. And Victoria, I want to ask about the babies, how they were doing and what their names would be. Was Poppy pregnant?! God, I'm missing everything.