Getting Ready

"You WHore!"

"I am literally a pimp. The fuck did you expect?"

Vox was about to implode. The dinner with Alastors parents was in an hour and Val was being a little bitch.

"I don't give a shit if you're a pimp. There's more to you than that."

There had to be, or all hope of this dinner going well were completely fucked.

"Fuck!" Val groaned. "You're not gonna do some mushy ass speech about how 'I know you're better than this', right?"

Vox was ready to run himself through with an angel's spear.

"No, I mean there has to be more to you then being a pimp otherwise you're just some baSic bitCh who doEsn't kNow how to dRess appropriaTely fOr a fucking dinner."

This entire fight started because Val refused to wear anything appropriate. You know, something that wasn't his usual pimp outfit.

"Hey-!"

Vox threw a collared shirt at his face.

"I don't care! Just put this on so we're ready by the time Alastor gets here to take us to the dinner."

* * * *

"Ha Ha HA!" Alastors laughter once again rang out in the lobby.

"Again? You don't even like either of them. Why did you even agree to a dinner?" Vaggie grumbled.

It was clear to those in the hotel that Alastor couldn't care less about their feelings. He just wanted to watch them run around like headless chickens.

"You'll see, my dear."

No one could fathom why he was even going as far as to let them meet his parents just for a laugh.

"I don't think it's very nice to lead them on like this, Alastor. You talked to Rosie, right? She must have been against this."

"Quite the contrary, she was delighted to hear all about it."

Very delighted.

* * * *

"Oh Alastor, darling, what brings you here? How is it going?"

A warm hug was given.

"Rosie, dear, I am in need of some advice. You know, the scandalous kind." He whispered around the end.

"Of course, follow me." She led him into a vacant room and motioned for him to sit next to her on the couch. He did so and visibly relaxed into the cushions.

"Now, what's on your mind?"

Alastor's smile dropped just a bit and his eyes drooped. The tufts of hair on his head lowered before he sighed.

"My mother has invited two suitors of mine over to dinner to discuss courting."

"Ooh courting. What's wrong then? I know you're mother and if she invited them to your home then she must think they'd be a good fit."

"It's Vox and Valentino."

A bit of silence filled the room before Rosie burst forth to shake his shoulders.

"Really?! Vox is a suitor of yours? I know you find Valentino utterly disgusting and you have a right to be worried there but Vox? You always have a big smile on your face after you fight with him. Yes, I know you always smile but these are different."

"Really?"

"Yes, really! There's this warmth in your eyes and your smile when you talk about how pathetic he is."

He is very pathetic. Alastor has a lot of fun whenever he watches Vox try so hard just to get one over on him. He just tries and tries and tries but he always ends up buffering in the end. It was adorable, like a kitten trying to fight with another but just tripping on his feet.

"You're right. I love watching him get flustered beyond belief after putting on a whole show of being tough."

"Then what's the problem? Go to dinner, talk to him and see where this goes. You can say no if you decide that's not what you want."

"Thank you, Rosie. I'll tell you how the dinner goes once it's over."

"You better! I want all the details."

* * * *

"Really?"

"Yes, yes, she was very delighted. Now, I simply must get going."

He sank into the shadows and appeared in front of his suitors just in time to see Vox strangling Valentino. He wasn't exactly surprised but he enjoyed the view.

"Dickless bitch!" Valentino gasped out.

"You mindless sex addict-!" Vox abruptly stopped and let go once he saw Alastor just standing there with unimpressed eyes.

Val was still being fussy about the lengths they were going to go to impress Alastor's parents which led to more arguing and Vox's hands around his throat. It was a very quick escalation.

"Alastor! How long have you been there?" He smiled nervously.

"Long enough. Let's go."

They approached him together but stopped when he suddenly put his hand up.

"No, not you Valentino. Mother is not a fan of yours and does not wish you to sully our home with your presence. You frankly disgust us."

"What? You don't need your mommy telling you what to do."

"I don't think you understand, Valentino. I don't want you there. Even if I did, the approval of my parents is a very important thing for me."

"Why do you need your parents-"

Vox just stood in between them and watched. Alastor had a smile that spoke of his disdain for the moth demon.

"What I'm hearing right now is that you don't actually care for my input and what is important for me. You only care about your wants and I don't want such near the place I call home. Vox, let's go. Now."

Vox didn't have to be told twice as he stood next to Alastor with a big grin. This would probably hurt his business relationship with Val but he couldn't care less. And, seeing Val's stupefied face was a major plus after he tried to smash his screen during their earlier fight.

Vox flinched when Alastor grabbed his hand.

"Don't dwell on it too much, this is so I can include you on the trip there."

Yes, Vox understood this but he could not help the shit eating grin he directed towards Val before they were swallowed by the shadows.