Back up hook up (5)

Kelly's pov

The morning sun creeping through a gap in the curtains is what disrupts my sleep, I open my eyes slowly groaning as I quickly close them, the brightness burning my retina.

"Someone sounds rough, all that beer caught up with you" I hear Matt say as I open one eye and look towards his bed where he was sat up and already dressed for the day.

"No...just didn't realise how bright the sun can be in the morning" I say sitting up and rubbing my eyes. "That will probably be because it's almost afternoon" Matt says as I look at him shocked "what" I say as I lean over to my phone and check the time 11:49.

"Wow I think that's the longest I've ever slept" I say moving my legs over the side of the bed as I stretch. "Cruz text me, him and Otis are already at the poolside bar, hair of the dog or something" Matt says as I stand up

"Can't get a hangover if you keep drinking I guess, I like their thinking" I say heading to the bathroom "I'm gonna jump in the shower I can meet you down there" I tell him grabbing one of the hotels towels and going into the bathroom.

...

After showering and getting dressed I met up with the guys who were sat at the bar next to the pool, I walk out the shaded area to go over to them placing my shades over my eyes as I take a seat on one of the stools "afternoon gentlemen, what we on?" I say checking Cruz's bottle "same for me please" I say to the bar maid as she nods and heads to the fridge taking out the beer.

Our booking meant food and drinks were free from 10am-6pm so you bet I'll be making the most of it.

"So Matt told us you had a visitor last night" Cruz says looking at me grinning as he takes a sip from his drink. "Wasn't anything like that she was just returning my wallet" I tell him as he keeps grinning "yeah Matt told us you pulled that stunt" Otis says a little salty

"Jealous are we" I ask him, nudging his arm "no!" He responds a little quickly as I chuckle "you know if you go up against severide when it comes to girls, chances are your going to loose brother" Cruz says looking at Otis "I don't know how you do it Severide, can you teach me" Otis says jokingly as I chuckle.

"Okay...you really want to know my secret?" I ask him putting my bottle down. "Oh go on, I'd really love to know" he says turning more to face me.

"Look like me" I say winking at him and patting his arm before I chuckle. "You're a prick sometimes you know" he says shaking his head as I pat his back "I'm only messing with you, you have a certain quirk about you that I'm sure many girls love, we're just different ends of the spectrum you and I, girls fall for my charm where girls fall for your heart" I tell him as he nods agreeing.

"That makes sense actually, I prefer to find a connection first" he says as I nod and pat his back again "there it is...where as I" I say sitting back leaning against the bar and pointing to myself "I couldn't careless about a connection, connections are pointless to me, I'm just in it for the sex, half the time I don't even catch the girls name" I say grabbing my beer bottle and drinking it.

"Just watch and learn" I say as I put my arm up to the bar maid to get her attention. She walks over to us and smiles "can I help you?" She asks as I spin on my stool to face her properly.

"No, but you can help me, I was just saying to the guys here that I'm sure I recognise you from somewhere? But I can't think where, you don't happen to have ever been up in Chicago have you?" I ask her as she looks at me confused and shakes her head "no I can't say I have" she says as I nod back and pretend to think.

I snap my fingers then point to her "ahh I remember, I know where I've saw you before" I say as she still looks at me a little confused as I lean forward to her "in my dreams" I say in a low whispered tone as I wink.