Meant to be (10)

Stella's POV

As soon as I log back on to the computer I feel my phone buzz in my pocket as I take it out and see a text from Kelly

"Missing you already, god knows how it's going to be when I leave for real tomorrow" his text read as I chuckle and reply back

"I'm sure as soon as you land home and your back to normality you will forget all about me and go chasing after your many girls" I reply as I lock my phone and check over the hotels emails.

It was now almost 10 o clock and Caroline was due in any minute to relieve me from the front desk before I head over to the bar. All the emails had been responded too and I didn't have any outstanding check inns to do so I worked my way through my crossword book.

I hear something slam on the desk infront of me as I look up and see my uncle holding the file from earlier "hard at work or hardly working" he says as I close my crossword book "for your information all my jobs are done here" I tell him as he picks the file up and slams it down to my level "fix those numbers, lie about the stock use somehow say 2 of the vodkas were damaged that should fix the numbers" he says as I look at the file.

"Is that going to fix the real problem though?" I tell him "I don't need a lecture from you, just get it done" he says turning around and leaving, I role my eyes and lie my head in the file.

I lift my head up as I load up the spreadsheets on the computer, I sigh again as they load and I find ways to fix the numbers.

When the numbers finally match the stock use I print out the updated sheet and place it in the file, just as Caroline comes in for her shift, I log out of my screen to let her log in as I pick up the file to take it up to my uncle, before heading to the bar.

The numbers satisfying him and telling me that will be the end of it, as much as I want to believe him I know it will be the same again next month.

Heading behind the bar I see Hannah and Dylan working, Dylan has been on shift since this afternoon noon so I get to relieve him so he can go home.

I look around the room, it was pretty full tonight, i notice the bar was a little damp and dirty as I decide to wipe it down. As I'm wiping the bar I kept scanning the room to find Kelly

"looking for me" I hear a whisper behind me as I jump a little and turn around to see Kelly "no...definitely not" I say grinning as he looks at me with a look that said he didn't believe me.

"what are you after, do you need me to serve you?" I ask him as he leans against the bar "you know my order by now don't you?" He asks me as I head around the bar throwing the cloth in the bucket "4 beers?" I ask him as he pats the bar "correct" he says as I turn to get 4 beers from the fridge.

I open them and place them in front of Kelly him already holding up the money as I go to grab his change "oh and keep the change" I hear him say as I turn to him shocked after looking down and seeing 2 $20 bills "Kelly are you sure there's like $15 change here" I tell him as he shrugs "my way of helping with those numbers" he says as I smile at him "you're too sweet" I tell him as I squeeze his cheek then turn back to put his change back in the register.

I turn back to Kelly leaning on the bar in front of him as I discreetly run my finger over his hand "about that...I've sorted last months and spoke to my uncle so he's happy for now, which also means I won't need to go see him when I finish so we can go straight out of here" I tell him as he smiles.

"I cant wait...I shall see you later" he says winking at me as he grabs the 4 beers and heads over to his table. I watch him walk over to his table before I move to serve another person.