The talk (17)

Kelly's POV

I stare at my phone trying to find the right words to type, it has been almost two weeks since the night at Mollys and I still haven't come clean to Erica, we have met up and talked a couple of times but I just haven't managed to find the right time or words to tell her.

"Come on mate, you need to do it sooner rather than later, she will understand" Matt tells me as he stands at my office door, scaring me as I turn to him "Jesus Matt, how long have you been stood there" I ask him as he walks in

"Long enough to know the message won't start typing itself the longer you look at the keyboard" he says going to lean against my bed frame.

"I know...ughh I just don't know how to word it, so I just ask if we can meet up and talk, or straight up message her it saying hey, so you know when we fucked I kinda thought about my dead wife the entire time" I say lying back against my chair and running my hand through my hair.

"No definitely not that one, just go with your first option and tell her you wish to talk to her and want to meet up to discuss it" Matt tells me as I lean back forward and pick my phone up and about to type what Matt says as the alarms go off for squad and Ambo and I groan "ughh never mind" I say locking my phone and putting it in my pocket.

...

It was just a quick rescue call for someone trapped under their car when their car jack gave way, luckily the guy was okay and just fractured his collar bone.

When the rig stops back on the app floor I climb out and hang my coat on the handle as I step out my bunker trousers grabbing my phone from my work trousers as I see a message from Erica.

Did I send that half written message? I ask myself as I open our chat up and see I didn't send the message and she messaged me first with "I think we need to talk." I look at it confused as it hits me that Matt may have found her number and text him himself, he likes taking things into his own hands.

I speed walk inside heading to matts office as I open his door "what have you told her" I ask him as he turns to look at me confused "told who...what you talking about" he asks me looking confused "Erica...she messaged me wanting to talk, what have you said to her?" I ask him as he stands up and holds his arms up "I haven't said anything I don't even have her number or know her second name" he says as I clench my fist and groan as I move away.

I hear Matt shouting for me as I head to my office, I slam my office door shut followed by a knock as Matt enters "don't go accusing me of something and then storming off...I'm your best mate I would go behind your back with something like this...maybe she had her own doubts" Matt tells me as I sigh

"You're right sorry...I'm just getting too worked up about this and how I'll say it" I say looking down at my phone "I get that...look tell her you'll meet up with her after shift tomorrow morning, you will probably see her when you pick Ezra up anyway when she's dropping harper off" Matt says as I groan and rest my head on the desk.

He pats my back as he leaves my office, I sit up and reread Erica's message before I start typing to her "sure, I can meet you when I finish shift tomorrow morning before I pick Ezra up? I myself need to talk to you" I type and send to her as I lock my phone and make a start on some of today's reports.

Half way through the first one my phone lights up as I lift up up and check it, seeing a text from Erica as I unlock my phone to read it "harper doesn't go daycare on the weekend, and this can't wait, my ex husband has the kids tonight and I want to talk to you whilst I don't have them" her text reads as I check the time on my watch.