Who knew (19)

Stella's POV

Wedding days are like a dance with flames, intense and beautiful. The air is filled with whispers of promises and the crackling energy of new beginnings. As a firefighter, I'm used to the heat of the moment, but there's something special about witnessing two souls unite in the glow of love. The stillness before the chaos, the calm before the storm, it's a reminder that amidst the unpredictable fires we face, there can come moments of pure, unbridled joy that warm the heart and soul, and I saw that first hand today as Matt and Brett finally tied the knot.

We were all now at Mollys awaiting for them both to arrive after the ceremony, Kelly had now made his way back over to the table I was sat on after grabbing us both a drink from the bar "one strawberry margarita for my sexy spicy margarita" Kelly says kissing my cheek as he places the glass down in front of me.

"Oohh Thankyou" I say as I pick the glass up and take a small swig, I look over at Kelly sitting down opposite me taking off his blazer and hanging it over the back of his chair. "Well I haven't been to many wedding but Ive got to give it to them that was a beautiful ceremony, and their vows, oh my god I don't think there was a dry eye in that room" I say taking another drink of my cocktail.

"Yeah they were pretty special" Kelly says unbuttoning the sleeves of his shirt as he rolls them up "you a little hot over there?" I ask him as he looks at me and chuckles "no...no well maybe a little" he says a tad but flustered as I look at him confused "you okay? You look a little distressed over there" I ask him as I reach my hand over to grab his hand.

"Yeah, yeah...I'm good, all good" he says grabbing his beer and drinking it, as I nod but still unconvinced.

Just at that moment the door opens and the bar fills with cheers as I turn around and see Brett and Matt walking in and I cheer along with everyone. I stand up from my seat as they make their way around everyone.

When Brett gets to me i instantly take her into my arms and hug her "congratulations, it was beautiful, I'm so happy for you both" I tell her as I step back and she smiles at me "thankyou...I honestly can't stop smiling my cheeks are starting to hurt but I don't care, I'm so happy" she says rubbing her cheeks as I see Matt and Kelly hugging, Matt whispering something to Kelly as he laughs a little nervously, looking straight at me as I look at them confused.

Something was definitely on Kelly's mind. He's been all nervous and weird since I got back from New York last week, I can't help but wonder if it had something to do with the attack, and if he feels differently towards me since another man had touched me, I know that was an insane thought to have but what else am I meant to think, when I notice his behaviour change towards me since then.

At times It felt like he was trying to avoid me, like on our 2 days off this week when I asked if we could stay in and watch films all day, he went out with Matt both days to do some fishing or so he says but as I recall his fishing gear was still stored in the cupboard. As much as I believed he was trying to avoid me during the day, the night time had me believing I was being delusional, as when he came home he was back to being, well...Kelly, although he would stutter on his words when I asked how his fishing trip was he somehow found a way to turn the small talk conversations into make out sessions, having me forget whatever it was I was thinking about.

Well until he started acting shifty again, like now, he was fine at the ceremony but now he's sweating and looking more nervous than a pig in a meat market.

...

Kelly's POV

After Matt and Sylvie had arrived at Mollys I insisted to buy their first round, which they didn't object to as sylvie pulled Stella back to the table to sit down, I noticed the way Stella has been looking at me, and I can imagine she is really confused as I've not been the best at trying to hide how strange my behaviour has been lately, but it will all make sense to her a little later.