⁵¹, NEWS FROM SCOTLAND

𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄.
chapter fifty-one; News From Scotland
" Show me the worst parts and let me carry them with you. "

  ELSPETH HADN'T BEEN rushing to announce her and Demetre's change in relationship

ELSPETH HADN'T BEEN rushing to announce her and Demetre's change in relationship. And he didn't seem to care for any announcements, either.

As tragic as it was, both seemed content with the solitude the plague brought them.

For the next two weeks, they stayed locked up in their wing of the castle with very little space between them.

And Demetre had learned Elspeth's lack of experience rather quickly.

"Oh!"

The man glanced up from his book, quite puzzled at Elspeth's exclamation as she entered his chambers.

"I'm so sorry," She said, her voice squeaky as she turned away from the man, "I should've knocked."

"It's alright, Petal," Demetre said, a deep chuckle rumbling from his chest as he stood, "This is the second time you've walked in on me indecently, I'm beginning to think it's on purpose."

Elspeth closed her eyes, covering her warm face with her hands.

Demetre raised a brow, grabbing a shirt and loosely tossing it over his head.

"I hardly thought I was a piece of art but I didn't think I looked so terrible," He teased, resting a hand on her shoulder.

Elspeth peeked through her fingers, letting her hands fall away when she saw his chest covered.

"It's not that," She said quickly, "I just. . . It's improper."

"So is coming to my chambers at all," He said with a crooked smile, "And kissing before we are--"

"Okay, I just mean it to say it's. . . further than improper."

Demetre's face melted into realization.

"Oh, you have not--"

"No, Demetre, I have not."

And then he laughed.

"Stop!" Elspeth said, slapping his arm, "That's horribly rude!"

"Did you not grow up alongside three brothers?" He questioned, still laughing.

"That is entirely different!"

Demetre's laughter died down to nothing but a warm smile. Elspeth was still bright red, but the added anger made her look like a sprite to Demetre. He dipped his head down, pressing a kiss to her jawline.

"I'll be sure to wear ten layers of clothing each time we meet, Pet."

"You're teasing me."

He sighed, pulling away.