⁷⁰, OUR OWN FOREVER

𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄.
chapter seventy; Our Own Forever
You are the kindest man I have ever known. "

IT WAS A small crowd that greeted Elspeth and Demetre back to the French castle

Sebastian and Kenna were present of course, along with Mary and Francis, and even Catherine had made it to the doors.

"Ellie!"

Elspeth laughed as Kenna nearly tackled her in a hug, the girls teetering from side to side for a moment.

"Oh, tell me all about it-- how's your mother? How's Blair?"

"They're both well-- Fraser showed up," Elspeth said quickly, pulling back enough to see Kenna's face as she gasped, "He told me about his wife."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"I feel as though I don't know enough about the situation to join in the joy," Sebastian said, "But we're glad to have you home, Ellie."

"Glad to be home," Elspeth smiled, letting Kenna go as her eyes scanned the remaining people.

Mary hugged her next, and Francis gave her a tight smile.

"Demetre."

"Let me stretch my legs for a moment, Francis," Demetre groaned, looking to Elspeth, "I'll join you for dinner, Petal?"

"Of course," She nodded.

"I'm not sure when we'll be finished. . ."

"By dinner," Demetre informed, clapping Francis's shoulder, "And if not, we'll resume tomorrow."

Francis looked grim, but nodded, departing with Demetre quickly.

"Ah, Elspeth, dear."

Elspeth grinned as Catherine approached, kissing each of her cheeks before holding her shoulders to inspect her.

"You're glowing," Catherine said fondly, "Perhaps we'll prepare your wedding sooner than a month, then?"

"Wedding?"

"We are engaged now," Elspeth informed a shocked Kenna and Mary, before turning back to Catherine, "Whatever timeline you wish is fine with us, Catherine. Can we chat? I missed you so."

"Of course, darling, we have much to discuss after all," Catherine grinned, pulling Elspeth's arm into her own.

Elspeth waved to her friends as Catherine pulled her along eagerly.

"I wondered if I might--"

"You're already married."

Elspeth's jaw dwindled as Catherine laughed.