Closer Than Blood.

𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐨

"What time did Theodore say he was getting here?" Damen asked, his tone laced with boredom.
"He said he was thirty minutes away. He must be stuck in traffic," I mused as I consulted my watch. "7:35. If he isn't here in the next ten minutes I'll call him again."

Jasmine swallowed the last of her vodka martini, rested the empty glass on the table in front of us and leaned back against me. I  placed my hand on her knee and began to trace circles on it with my thumb. After a few minutes Party Rock Anthem began playing and she instantly jumped up off the sofa. "Val I love this song! Can I go dance? Please?"
"Go ahead babygirl," I permitted. "But try not to grind on anybody okay? Only I have that right."
"Don't worry my love, I won't do any such thing."

I shook my head as she left the Vip Section and entered the dance floor. Through the tinted screen that separated the VIP section from the rest of the club I could see her moving in synch with the music. A few guys saw her dancing and tried to get her to grind on them, but she turned them all down. Even when a woman came and touched her ass, she shook her head vigorously and held up her left hand to display her ring.

"Damn Tino. Even the ladies want a slice of Jasmine's pie," Damen smirked. "Should you be worried brother?"
"Don't be ridiculous," I said as I took a sip of my drink. "Jasmine loves me, she'd never do something like that. Trust me brother, my wife is perfectly content with being railed by my cock almost every night. She wouldn't want for anything or anyone else."

"True that," Dad agreed. "I mean we hear the moans and screams she utters when you two are together. It's a mystery to me why I'm not seeing a baby bump yet."
"Don't start Father," I chuckled. "Jasmine isn't pregnant now and she wouldn't be for a while I want her to graduate college and live her life a little before we even think of settling down with kids."
"You'd better pray I don't die of old age before then."

I rolled my eyes and lit my second cigarette for the night. "You'll be far too busy playing with Damen and Sabrina's baby to even think about anything else. October is almost finished, then there's still November and December. By January the baby will have been born and you'll be a grandfather."
"Hey! Don't think I'm oblivious to what you're trying to pull here," Damen interjected. "You're filling Father's brain with thoughts of my impending fatherhood to throw him off your tail!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about."
"Liar, liar, pants on fire."
Father let out a sigh and poured himself some more whiskey. "And you're about to become a father. Lord help us all."

𝐉𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞

After Party Rock Anthem reached its conclusion I continued dancing, gyrating my hips to the beat and moving my hands in the air. A couple guys showed an interest in me but I ignored them. I already had a man, why would I want anyone else? Especially since he always took such good care of me and fulfilled my every need, whether emotional or physical.

Just as I was thinking about this, a twenty something year old dude— who looked to be wasted beyond comprehension—stepped onto the dance floor with a half empty beer bottle in his hand. A red haired girl was dancing in front of him and just like that, he slapped her on her ass, causing her to turn around and give him a dirty look before walking away.

I shook my head and decided to focus on dancing. If I were to pay attention to every person who acted out of pocket like this I'd go stark crazy. I was here to have fun, so that's what I'll do. But as usual the universe just loves to play with me. Just as I bent over I felt a strong pair of hands on my lower back. Oh hell no.

The guy who slapped that girl's ass just now must be off his rocker if he thinks he can slap mine and get away with just a dirty look. I had two knives strapped to my upper thighs, hidden underneath the dress and a compact pistol in my left boot just begging for me to use them. Shooting upwards I turned sharply around, prepared to kick him where the sun doesn't shine. But when I saw who it was, a wide grin appeared on my face. "Theo! You're here!"