Kill For You

Shannan POV -

"Make sure that he eats every two hours. Wake him up if need be." I held up the special formula for the night nurse, Grace, to see.

"I know, Shannan," Grace smirked as she gently took the container from my hands. "Now go, have fun. I got this."

"Are you sure?"

I stared down into the crib. We'd been brought a baby that had been abandoned at a fire station earlier this week. No note, no identification, nothing. He'd been in such bad shape that the local hospital didn't have the staff to care for him properly. One paramedic who responded to the call knew about our new NICU and suggested The First Order handle his care. Now, he was getting stronger every day.

"Yes, I'm sure. Now go."

Rushing out of the wing, I headed for the elevator to head to the back lot where my new car sat. I wasn't into fancy cars, but Ushar insisted on getting me something. When I refused to let him buy me anything, he made me pick out one of the cheaper cars from his collection. Cheaper still being in the two hundred thousand dollar range.

"Call Ushar." I settled into my seat and spoke to my car, which was linked with the Knights' intelligent AI IRIS.

"Calling the Slammer."

I shook my head as IRIS used Ushar's code name. He'd made it do that whenever anyone said his name. He was a silly man.

"Well, hello, nurse!" Ushar's voice filled my car as I pulled out of the lot and headed to my apartment.

"You dork."

"You love it." Ushar's laugh echoed around me, and I couldn't help the huge grin on my face. "Are you headed here?"

"I have to head home first to get ready. I didn't want to shower and do my makeup in headquarters."

"Not to mention leaving in that skimpy white dress," Ushar growled hornily through the speakers. "I'm sure I'd have to kill some of the troopers if they saw you in that."

"You're not allowed to kill anyone because of me."

"What if-"

"No."

"But-"

"No."

"Can I kill-"

"No one, you can't kill anyone because of me. Understood?" I sighed as I fought the smile on my face and failed.

"Fine, you're no fun. But if you're dead, you can't stop me from killing whoever killed you."

"I'll haunt you."

"Like a Succubus?" Ushar's voice dropped low as he groaned again. "You are good at sucking."

"Ushar!"

"What?"

"You're such a horny mess." I parked in my space and grabbed my purse off the passenger seat. "I'm home. I'll message you when I'm on my way."

"Okay, little nurse, see you soon."

The ride up in the elevator seemed to take forever, but when the doors finally opened, it had only been a few seconds. Pulling my keys out, I twirled them on my finger as I damn near skipped down the hall. I was looking forward to Halloween for the first time in a long time.

A costume ball at the botanical garden? Yes, please.

Getting to spend the evening with my Knight and his family? Do you even have to ask?