Vicrul Ren

A/N & TRIGGER WARNINGS.

IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE, PLEASE DO NOT READ MY STORIES. MENTIONS OF PAST S/A OR ACTS OF S/A, PHYSICAL ABUSE & VIOLENCE, OR VERBAL, MENTAL, & EMOTIONAL ABUSE MAY OCCUR. I DO NOT OUTLINE AND DO NOT KNOW WHAT MIGHT OCCUR UNTIL I WRITE THE CHAPTER. I PUT MY CHARACTERS IN REAL-LIFE SCENARIOS, AND THE WORLD IS NOT MADE OF COTTON CANDY AND FUCKING GUMDROPS. ONE SCROLL THROUGH TIKTOK WILL SHOW YOU HOW EVIL OUR WORLD IS. MY STORIES ARE NOT A FANTASY ESCAPE. IF ANYTHING, THEY ARE THERAPY FOR THE MENTALLY DERANGED WHO HAVE BEEN THROUGH THEIR OWN HORRORS. SO FOLLOW MY CHARACTERS AS THEY OVERCOME EVERYTHING THAT LIFE THROWS AT THEM AND US. IT IS NOT MY INTENTION TO DISTURB OR UPSET MY READERS; HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE A BITCH AND REPORT A WORK OF ART THAT OTHERS THOROUGHLY ENJOY, PLEASE DO NOT READ MY STORIES AND JUST BLOCK ME SO THAT I DON'T COME UP IN YOUR FEED.

ANYWAY, HAVE A NICE DAY, AND IF YOU READ PAST THIS, WELCOME & ENJOY THE CHAOS.

==============================================================================

"Kara, the man at the end of the bar says he will only order a drink from you." Sarah came up behind me with a heavy sigh.

"What? Why me?" I turned to look down at her end of the bar but it was so dark I couldn't make out who she was talking about.

"I don't fucking know. But he is probably the sexiest guy I've ever seen in here though." She giggled like a schoolgirl as her eyes cut back to her right.

"Well, you're still new. A lot of handsome guys come in here." I smirked at my friend as I laughed because it was true. "Look if he wants me to make his drink he has to come down here to my end of the bar. I'm too busy to be going back and forth."

"Okay. I'll let him know." Sarah shrugged as she walked off in a huff, rolling her eyes.

I had been working at Terry's Tavern for almost a year now and Sarah had only started a month ago. So most of the regulars came to my end of the bar anyway and Sarah got most of the newbies. I strained to listen to her as she told the man he had to move to my end of the bar. She even apologized to him which I found ridiculous. Sarah was a good bartender and could make drinks just as well as I could. And since most guys ordered beers or shots of whiskey anyways it didn't take any sort of skill. 

I was concentrating on making a Cosmo for one of the cocktail servers when a regular came up to the bar and shouted my name. I hadn't even seen him come in yet tonight. Sarah must have taken care of him and his brothers since I was buried at the service bar all night. 

"Kara!" Ap'lek squeezed between the crowd and up to the bar as he gave me a wink and leaned over towards me. 

"Hey Ap'lek,  what's going on? When did you guys get here?"

"About an hour ago. Sarah took care of us." Ap'lek laughed as he pushed another man who I had never seen before forward. "He wants a drink."

Now I had gotten used to the handsome man that was Ap'lek, as well as his four brothers who always came in together. But the man he had just pushed up to the bar stopped my breath. If the cosmopolitan I was in the middle of pouring hadn't been pre-measured I would have overflowed the glass and made a damn mess.

The newcomer stared down at me with a smirk on his face while I stood like a deer in headlights for what seemed like an hour but was only fifteen seconds. He was at least six foot two inches tall, had shaggy brown hair, piercing dark brown eyes, and the bone structure of a Greek god.

"So are you going to take my drink order or just stare at me like a little deer?" His lips tugged at the edges into an evil grin that was just devastating.