Negotiations

A/N: Most of this story will be from the actual script, so I don't take weeks studying to make one chapter.

INT REPUBLIC CRUISER - COCKPIT

In the cockpit of the cruise, the CAPTAIN and PILOT maneuver closer to one of the battleships.

QUI-GON: "Captain."

The Captain turns to Qui-Gon sitting behind her.

CAPTAIN: "Yes, sir?"

QUI-GON: "Tell them we wish to board at once."

The CAPTAIN looks to her view screen, where NUTE GUNRAY, a Neimoidian trade viceroy, waits for a reply.

CAPTAIN: "With all due respect, the Ambassadors for the Supreme Chancellor wish to board immediately."

NUTE: "Yes, yes, of course... as you know, our blockade is perfectly legal, and we'd be happy to receive the Ambassador."

INT FEDERATION BATTLESHIP - DOCKING BAY - SPACE

A PROTOCOL DROID, TC-14, waits at the door to the docking bay.

The door opens, and the Republic cruiser can be seen in the docking bay. Three darkly robed figures are greeted by TC-14.

TC-14: "I'm TC-14 at your service. This way, please."

The three follow the droid down the hallway.

INT FEDERATION BATTLESHIP - CONFERENCE ROOM

A door slides open, and the three cloaked figures are led into the formal conference room by TC-14.

TC-14: "We are greatly honored by your visit Ambassadors. Make yourselves comfortable. My master will be with you shortly."

The droid bows before the ambassadors. She backs out the door and it closes. The JEDI lower their hoods and look out a large window at the lush green planet of Naboo. QUI-GON forty years old, has long brown hair in a ponytail. He is tall and striking, with blue eyes. OBI-WAN is twenty five, with very short brown hair, pale skin, and blue eyes. Y/N L/N 16 years of age, has h/c that's h/l and s/c.

A/N: h/c is hair color, h/l is hair length and s/c is skin color.

OBI-WAN: "I have a bad feeling about this."

QUI-GON: "I don't sense anything."

OBI-WAN: "It's not about the mission, Master, it's something... elsewhere... elusive."

Y/N: "I agree with Obi-Wan on this one."

QUI-GON: "Don't center on your anxieties, Obi-Wan. Keep your concentration here and now where it belongs."

Y/N: "But Master Yoda taught us we should be mindful of the future-"

QUI-GON: "... but not at the expense of the moment. Be mindful of the living Force, young Padawans."

OBI-WAN: "Yes, Master."

Y/N: "Yes, Master."

They walk over to the window and gaze out into space.

OBI-WAN: "How do you think the trade viceroy will deal with the chancellor's demands?"

QUI-GON: "These Federation types are cowards. The negotiations will be short."

Y/N: "I wouldn't be sure, anything could happen."

INT FEDERATION BATTLESHIP - BRIDGE

NUTE GUNRAY and DAULTRAY DOFINE stand, stunned, before TC-14.

NUTE: "What?!? What did you say?"

TC-14: "The Ambassadors are Jedi Knights, I believe."

DOFINE: "I knew it! They're here to force a settlement."