The army

INT NABOO SPACECRAFT - DAY (FX)

The ship flies through the cityscape of Coruscant.

EXT CORUSCANT - SENATE LANDING PLATFORM - DAY

Supreme Chancellor VALORUM, Several Guards, and Senator PALPATINE stand on a landing platform.

The sleek Naboo spacecraft lands on the platform high above the street level of the galactic capital. The ramp lowers. Y/N, OBI-WAN, QUI-GON, JAR JAR and Anakin descend the ramp first and bow before PALPATINE and VALORUM.

Captain Panaka, Two Guards, Queen Amidala, then Padme, Hermione, Rabe, Eirtae, and More Guards descend the ramp. Queen Amidala stops before the group.Anakin and JAR JAR stand to one side, looking at the huge city. Padme smiles at Y/N. PALPATINE bows before the Queen.

PALPATINE: "It is a great gift to see you alive, Your Majesty. With the communications breakdown, we've become very concerned. I'm anxious to hear your report on the situation. May I present Supreme Chancellor Valorum."

VALORUM: "Welcome, Your Highness. It's an honor to finally meet you in person."

Amidala: "Thank you, Supreme Chancellor."

VALORUM: "I must relay to you how distressed everyone is over the currant situation. I've called for a special session of the Senate to hear your position."

Amidala: "I am grateful for your concern, Chancellor."

PALPATINE starts to lead Queen Amidala and her Retinue off the platform toward a waiting air taxi.

PALPATINE: "There is a question of precedure, but I feel confident we can overcome it..."

JAR JAR and Anakin follow the Queen, PALPATINE, Padme, Hermione, Rabe and Eirtae to the taxi.

QUI-GON, Y/N and OBI-WAN stop to speak with VALORUM as they watch the group head towards the taxi.

QUI-GON: "I must speak with the Jedi Council immediately. The situation has become more complicated."

INT PALPATINE'S QUARTERS - ANTEROOM - DAY

Queen Amidala is sitting listening to PALPATINE. Eirtae and Rabe stand behind the Queen; Padme is nowhere to be seen. Anakin and JAR JAR are waiting in an adjoining room. They can see the Queen but cannot hear what is being said.

Captain Panaka enters, then goes into the room with Queen Amidala.

INT PALPATINE'S QUARTERS - LIVING AREA - DAY

PALPATINE is pacing as Captain Panaka enters. Eirtae and Rabe stand to one side.

PALPATINE: "The Republic is not what it once was. The Senate is full of greedy, squabbling delegates. There is no interest in the common good. I must be frank, Your Majesty, there is little chance the Senate will act on the invasion."

Amidala: "Chancellor Valorum seems to think there is hope."

PALPATINE: "If I may say so, Your Majesty, the Chancellor has little real power... he is mired by baseless accusations of corruption. The bureaucrats are in charge now."

Amidala: "What options have we?"

PALPATINE: "Our best choice would be to push for the election of a stronger Supreme Chancellor. One who will take control of the bureaucrats, and give us justice. You could call for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum."

Amidala: "He has been our strongest supporter?"

PALPATINE: "Our only other choice would to be to submit a plea to the courts..."