1. Desperate lies

Robert Baratheon was a man who slept with hundreds of women,drank with his thirst and battled with his heart

drank with his thirst and battled with his heart.

He tried to stay away from his wife, so he didn't get reminded that he never got to be with Lyanna Stark, the only woman he ever loved.

Demon of the Trident,
The Whoremonger King.

That's what people know him as, since the only thing he let people see is how he gets pleasured by women and drinks himself to death, as he isn't fit enough anymore to be the Demon of the trident. Since the end of his area as a warrior, he had got quite depressed and angry because all he knew what to do was fuck, drink and fight.

What no one knew about Robert Baratheon was that he sometimes has a very gentle heart and that showed when he was out drinking again on a ship near Kingslanding.

He was drinking and singing with some men from the kingsguard, but he didn't care as long as there was wine and music.
The ship was rocking as they neared the end of Blackwater Bay, entering The Narrowed Sea.
The salt in the wind was the perfect mix with the sweet wine they were drinking, making the time they were having even more fun and relaxing.

Ser barristan Selmy, who was the only one not drinking, was looking out and saw the infamous island dragonstone.
The gigantic castle on top was glaring down on them and that caught even the attention of the drunk king.
​"What the bloody hell are you looking at that ugly piece of rock?"
Robert angrily said to Ser barristan, hating that even out there on the narrow sea the Targaryen's always finding a way to stand above him.

On this day exactly one year ago, he took the throne from Aerys II Targaryen, also known as the mad king.

As Robert crowned himself king, he gave his youngest brother Renly Baratheon, Strom's end and his other brother, Stannis Baratheon, Dragonstone.

Stannis was furious as he wanted storm's end as it was passed down to his family and is the capital of the Stormlands.
Because of the hate Stannis had on Dragonstone, he never really was there.
He hung up Baratheon banners and sometimes visited to make sure no one residents in it, but other than that the castle was always empty.

So Robert got the idea to see how his brother was looking after what he gifted him.
Robert looked at Ser barristan and said
"I want to go to Dragonstone to see how my brother that idiot is looking after his gifted castle"
Ser barristan knew no matter what he said he would have to bring the king there either way, so he just nods and stays silent as he, the king and the other three men on the ship were making their way now to Dragonstone.

As they Anchored the ship, Robert says that only he and Ser Barristan are going to do a quick check on the dragonstone castle, so the other men should continue drinking.

With that, ser barristan Paddled him and the king to the beach on dragonstone.
As they arrive, the king jumps from the board and lands on the nearly black wet sand. He is huffing around about his shoes that had gotten wet as Ser Barristan slowly trails after him.