Chapter Twelve

She went to work with no makeup on. The circles under her eyes were something that were evident from miles away. No one wanted to mess with her today, that was one thing certain.

Ana knocked on her door as Laney motioned for her to come in. As she shut the door and sat down on the chair, Laney put her head in her hands.

"Jack is begging me for the Wallen profile, because its so high-profile," Ana vented angrily, "and he thinks he's so entitled".

"He can have him from me ," Laney scoffed.

"Laney absolutely not. This is career breaking for you here," Ana quickly replied seriously.

Laney groaned, "he just SUCKS".

Ana nodded as she showed Laney her iPad, "here's some Rhett renders for the decor we were discussing".

The prices were attached. The stage mockups were rendered and the profit was attached as well. With a red rustic theme and some hay bales to accompany the set, it was looking good.

"I like it," nodded Laney, "can you send it over? Also, lets maybe add something like a goodie bag element since we have some money we haven't used?".

"We could ask his team if he wants a hat and tote bag?" Ana suggested as Laney nodded in agreement, "that's one thing right".

Laney opened her email to see Morgans name at the top of her inbox listed as high priority. Her eyes widened. He had requested a meeting in approximately an hour for "personal inquiries". She turned the screen to show Ana which made Ana gasp, "no fucking way".

Laney pressed decline and typed away:

Mr. Wallen

I have to decline due to a meeting with another client. Feel free to reach out to my co-worker who is in charge of your event management: anacoordinator@lipton.com

- Laney Sierra

She pressed send. This was ridiculous.

"He is out of his mind. There's no-"

A knock interrupted Ana to which Laney looked at her calendar quickly, she had no meetings.

"Come in," Laney said.

Jack swung the door open making Laney sigh in relief and Ana roll her eyes lightly.

"Hi Laney. So I know I'm not getting the Wallen client thanks to Ana here," Jack looked at Ana.

"Relax-" Ana started but Jack cut her off.

"Relax Ana. I came in here to be friends," he said sitting down and closing the door, "I realized Ana sits in here so i came".

"You're so annoying," Ana groaned making Jack bicker with her and Laney chuckle.

"Get out of here Jack. I'm talking about actual client stuff," Ana waved her iPad in the air.

"The Wallen one?" he excitedly asked.

"Rhett now fuck off," Ana smiled while pushing him out and closing the door.

Laney stared in disbelief while Ana closed the door,

"I've known him a really long time from college," Ana explained.

Laney nodded.

"What other clients do you have anyways?" Ana asked.

"I have a smaller band called Poontoon Band. So I'm just getting them bookings and small props. And then maybe a few company events but I haven't heard much," shrugged Laney.