Chapter Twenty Two

When Laney woke up she ran to the bathroom to throw up without waking Morgan up. The plane was descending and she was getting small flashbacks of what occurred right before she went to bed.

No way. I said that so soon holy fuck. Who says I love you like that? Bad Laney.

This was another page for her journal for sure.

She walked out after using the mouthwash and taking Advil. She played with Morgans's hair and curled up in his lap under a blanket waking him up, "Good morning sunshine".

He groaned burying his head in her and soon the turbulence shook the plane startling them both.

The couple walked off the plane and it was 4 AM, luckily Laney had taken off of work.

"I'm sleeping at yours," she said.

"Damn right you are," he yawned pulling her close.

They were like zombies. They stood and moved in silence. When they got into his apartment, Morgan poured himself a nightcap before they both went into his bed.

And as soon as her head hit the pillow she was back awake, "I can't sleep. It's almost sunrise," she groaned.

"Me either. Should we just see the sunrise? Go to the lake?" he asked.

"Won't it be cold?" she asked.

He nodded and she groaned again, "Can we watch from here?".

"That's fine. I want some cuddles," he brought her in close, "Plus we are going to Knoxville today".

"Are we?"

"Yeah we are going boating," he yawned.

The pair slept through the sunrise but woke up at the same time, bright and early at 8:30 AM.

"What a sunrise," she yawned as she looked out the window in his room.

He nodded in agreement, "It's been a while since we had a good one".

She closed the blinds and put their heads under the cover, "Let's just keep the blinds closed and stay under the covers. We wouldn't have to deal with the sun or anything".

"No boat?"

"No, I want the boat. I'm just cozy," she said to him under the covers.

The two smiled at each other in awe with their own thoughts for a minute. She stretched before getting out of bed where she went to pee and he walked in to brush his teeth.

It was his first time doing this but she just acted casual. He opened the cabinet under the sink and took out a toothbrush that he handed to her while she was going to the restroom.

"Your brush now," he nodded to it as he started brushing his teeth.

She smiled at the yellow toothbrush that she was now holding.

She had her own towel, her own small drawer, and now her own toothbrush.

The pair finished brushing their teeth and Morgan placed an order for breakfast to-go.

Laney took her bathing suit out and put it on with a cover-up. She walked into the living room where she saw her canvas-framed that she had given him recently. It was one of her favorite pieces still. She smiled at the sight of it and Morgan spoke startling her, "I really love that painting".

She let out a little gasp and turned around, "It's my favorite piece I've done so far".

He poured some whiskey into a tumbler before getting ready to hit the road with her. The sound of Keith Whitley filled the car, especially Laney's favorite: Miami, My Amy.