Chapter Two

She grabbed her vodka sprite from the bartender and grabbed Mia's hand to the dance floor as some song they couldn't quite remember started to play. "Who is he Mia?" Laney asked. Mia shrugged drunkenly with half of her drink pouring into the floor. Laney laughed while grabbing her hand and dragging her back to their original seats. The mystery man was still there but with a couple of his friends smoking a cigarette. Laney couldn't help but be intrigued, she wasn't into cigarettes, but it was just them, those guys, and some people on the dance floor. Laney mouthed for a water while trying not to make eye contact with the mystery man as Mia was going off on some rant about how much she loved her.

Lucky for Laney, Mia was interrupted by the water being handed over by the bartender. She snapped her focus back onto Mia, "are you feeling okay?". Mia nodded while swaying to the music, "I want to dance". She smiled while getting off the chair, while Laney's smile dropped, did she have to throw up?

Mia stumbled her way a little to the mystery man and his friends and Laney's eyes widened as she followed and started chugging her drink and grabbed Mia's old drink to have. What was Mia planning? The possibilities were endless. Mia is the most straightforward and bold person drunk, claiming whatever she wants. A charming quality of Mia that Laney wished she had.

"Who are you? I'm Mia," Mia introduced herself to the mystery man as Laney started to turn red.

"Mia, I'm Chuck, call me Bean," a blonde boy introduced himself to her. She immediately started conversing with this so-called "Bean" while Laney stared in disbelief.

"I am so sorry about her," Laney apologized to the mystery man.

"Don't be, gives me an excuse to talk to you," the mystery man said.

"I'm Laney," Laney said.

"Morgan. Are you just visiting?" he smiled.

He was cute, not Laneys typical type, but he had a little country accent to him while he spoke.

"I just moved here today actually, what about you?" she asked while he ordered a Budweiser.

"I'm from around here too, just a little outside of the city. How are you liking Aldeans?" Morgan asked.

She looked around at the people dancing and started tuning into the music. Luke Combs. Her favorite. She started swaying to the music a little, "I love it".

She wasn't typically a bold person but it's a new city after all and she needed friends. After Mia left, she would have no one to hang out with or go to bars with. Plus Mia was dancing with Bean at the dance floor.

"You should show me around, I don't know anything" she yelled over the music.

He smiled, "absolutely Laney. Do you want to dance?".

She nodded as they took to the dance floor with Bean and Mia. She was yelling the lyrics with Mia as she progressively got drunker and drunker until she noticed Morgan.

"You're crazy, I don't like the way you dance," she laughed at Morgan.

He laughed at her, "not everyone can move like you".

She took his hand and put it on her shoulder, not breaking eye contact. Her heart started to beat faster and she could feel her breathing picking up too. She was nervous. Morgan furrowed his eyebrows noticing the change, "are you good?".

She nodded and kept dancing while he whispered to Bean about getting a water. Mia and Bean walked hand in hand to the bar while the lights slowly started to get brighter. What was going on?

"Time to go home Laney," Morgan said.

"But I'm not done," Laney whined.

He laughed while he grabbed her hand and led her to the bar, "the night doesn't have to be over".