27. That's a wrap.

"Short and sweet. That's our relationship. Everything in my life was complicated, but our love isn't. You are my everything. I vow to love you when times are hard. When you and I don't see eye to eye. When life tests us. I vow to not shut you out, but rather let you in. I promise that no one in my life will come before you. I promise to share the last of the ice cream with you. I promise to wait until you fall asleep to continue binge watching our favorite shows. I love you always, my best friend."

"They're bad right?" I say, throwing the notepad on my bed. I groan in frustration. Cassie throws a pillow at me. "Get it together. It's perfect." I stand up and pull my hair back so she can zip up my dress. "Are you sure? I feel like there's not enough on there." Cassie scolds me. "Andy, you two have been through enough. You don't need 10 minute vows. Myself and they judge do not have time for fake words. Those are real. He's going to love them. Oh god." Cassie starts sobbing and I have to cut her off. "Stop. Because then I'll start crying and then there goes my makeup." I say, slightly laughing, slightly crying. "Okay okay. I'm sorry. You just look perfect. You're perfect Andy." She gives me a big hug and I take it all in. I spin back to see myself in the mirror. The simple white satin dress falling down my body. My hair pulled to the side. This is what I want him to see. Happy. Excited to start my life with him. I feel more tears puddling, but Cassie pulls me out of my emotions. "That's enough. No more crying. Let's get you to the courthouse."

*****
We sign the paperwork. We kiss. He scoops me up into his arms and we walk out of the courthouse with huge smiles on our faces. This is how our wedding day was supposed to happen. Cassie as a witness along with some stranger who's number she got afterwards. Pedro with that smile that could save the world. It took me a while to understand that I was never missing any family. That my family was with me the entire time. I was in the arms of my entire world and for the first time in my life, I know I would be okay. We would be okay. "Shall we wife?" Pedro says, beaming with love and a that big smile. "Yes we shall husband."