𝟑𝟎: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤

The name echoed in my mind, a chilling reminder of the past

The name echoed in my mind, a chilling reminder of the past. He's back. Panic clawed at my throat. What did he want this time? Why now?

One answer flickered like a dying flame: Mom. She had to be behind this. She was the only one who knew where I was. Fury surged through me, hot and blinding.

I snatched the phone, my voice laced with venom. "Is this your doing, Mom? Did you tell him where I am?"

A strained silence stretched on the other end. Finally, her voice came, laced with a strange mixture of guilt and defiance.

"He deserves to know, Velvet."

The name, a relic from a bygone era, scraped against my raw nerves. "Don't," I choked out, squeezing my eyes shut. "Don't call me that."

"You'll always be my Velvet," she insisted, her voice hardening. "And if you won't tell him, I will."

The threat hung heavy in the air. Mom, the one person I should have been able to trust, was now actively working against me. The weight of betrayal threatened to crush me. But beneath the fear, a steely resolve began to form. I wouldn't let them win. I wouldn't let him control me again

 I wouldn't let him control me again

THREE YEARS AGO

The room exuded an aura of power and wealth, with intricate tapestries adorning the walls and golden accents gleaming in the dim light. At the head of the room, behind an imposing desk, sat Alfenzo Rozzini, the enigmatic figure known as the Lord in the underworld. His sharp features were framed by a neatly trimmed beard, and his eyes held a calculating intelligence as he surveyed the newcomer who had just entered.

Velvet Thunder stepped into the room, her presence commanding attention despite her seemingly innocuous appearance. Clad in a sleek black suit, she moved with confidence and purpose, her every movement betraying the strength and skill that lay beneath her facade.

"Ah, Velvet Thunder," Alfenzo Rozzini greeted, his voice carrying a hint of amusement as he gestured for her to take a seat opposite him. "I've been expecting you."