CONTENTED

Sunghoon woke up to the soft sound of Jake's breathing, feeling the weight of Jake's head resting on his hospital bed. He gently removed the nebulizer from his face and sat up, his movements careful so as not to disturb Jake's sleep. Sunghoon's heart swelled with affection as he watched Jake, his boyfriend's peaceful expression bringing a sense of calm to the room.

With a tender smile, Sunghoon reached out and ran his fingers through Jake's hair, the gentle touch stirring Jake from his slumber. Jake stirred, blinking his eyes open, and a bright smile immediately lit up his face as he saw Sunghoon awake.

"Hey," Sunghoon greeted softly, his voice filled with warmth as he met Jake's gaze.

Jake's smile widened, and he sat up straight, excitement evident in his expression. "I won!" he exclaimed enthusiastically, his eyes sparkling with joy.

Sunghoon couldn't help but chuckle at Jake's exuberance, his heart swelling with affection for his friend. "Yes, you did," he replied, his voice soft but filled with amusement. "You're the champion, Jake."

Jake beamed, feeling a surge of happiness at Sunghoon's response. "Of course I am!" he declared proudly, his eyes shining with pride.

Sunghoon laughed, the sound light and carefree, as he reached out to pull Jake into a gentle hug. "You're impossible," he teased affectionately, his arms wrapping around Jake's shoulders.

Jake returned the hug eagerly, feeling a rush of warmth and gratitude for his friend. "I'm just glad you're okay," he murmured, his voice filled with sincerity.

Sunghoon squeezed Jake's shoulder gently, his own expression softening with gratitude. "I'm lucky to have you, Jake," he said sincerely, his eyes meeting Jake's with warmth and affection.

As the two friends sat together, their bond stronger than ever, they knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them together, side by side.

As they sat together, basking in the comfort of their friendship, Jake and Sunghoon felt a sense of peace wash over them. They knew that despite the trials they had faced, they had each other to lean on.

Sunghoon leaned back against the pillows, a contented smile gracing his lips as he looked at Jake. "You know, Jake, I never would've made it through all of this without you," he admitted, his voice soft but sincere.

Jake's heart swelled with warmth at Sunghoon's words, feeling a deep sense of gratitude for their bond. "Likewise, Sunghoon," he replied, his own smile reflecting the sentiment. "You've been my rock through it all."

Their eyes met, sharing a silent understanding of the depth of their relationship. In that moment, nothing else mattered but the connection they shared, a bond forged through adversity and strengthened by love and support.

Sunghoon then pulled a paper heart from his pocket, a small but significant gesture that took Jake by surprise. "What's that?" Jake asked, curiosity lacing his tone.

"I kept one of your paper hearts," Sunghoon explained, his gaze soft as he held out the delicate creation for Jake to see.

A smile spread across Jake's face, touched by Sunghoon's gesture. "You kept it?" he murmured, feeling a warmth blooming in his chest.

Sunghoon nodded, a faint blush dusting his cheeks. "I kept it in my pocket," he confessed, his voice quiet but earnest. "So that while I'm unconscious, you're still right here with me," he added, gently tapping his chest.

Jake's heart swelled with emotion at Sunghoon's words, overwhelmed by the depth of their connection. In that simple paper heart, he found reassurance of their bond, a reminder that even in the darkest moments, they were never truly alone.

With a grateful smile, Jake reached out and took Sunghoon's hand, their fingers intertwining in a silent promise of solidarity and support. Together, they would weather whatever challenges lay ahead, drawing strength from the unbreakable bond they shared.