EPILOGUE

A small kid visited the hospital for a check-up, accompanied by the doctor who carried him to the waiting area while his mom was still talking to the nurses at the counter. "I know it can be tough to be away from your parents, but getting better means you can be with them longer. Don't you want to live a long, happy life with them?" The kid nodded, understanding the importance of health. "You're still young," the doctor continued, trying to reassure him.

The kid then reached into his pocket and pulled out something, revealing a paper heart. "Where did you get that?" the doctor inquired, intrigued. "From that room!" The kid pointed towards a hospital room that hadn't been entered. "I saw the door open earlier, so I went in out of curiosity. The room was filled with paper hearts!" The kid exclaimed, eyes wide with wonder.

The doctor chuckled softly at the child's enthusiasm. "Do you know that those paper hearts hold a lot of meaning?" The kid shook his head, eager to learn. "Let me tell you a story," the doctor proposed, and the kid clapped excitedly. "There was a boy named Jake who had to stay in that room for months. He was suffering from an illness, and one day, he met Sunghoon. Sunghoon became Jake's roommate for a few months, and they shared many moments. Jake taught Sunghoon how to make paper hearts, and they filled the room with them, creating cherished memories."

"But one day, Jake had to leave," the doctor continued, sensing the kid's curiosity. "He went somewhere far away. But before he left, they made many paper hearts to fill the room. Do you know why Jake went away?" The kid looked down, puzzled. "He was tired and wanted to rest from his problems," the doctor explained gently.

The kid listened intently, absorbing the story. "Do you want to know a secret?" the doctor asked, smiling warmly. "A secret?" the kid replied excitedly. "Yes, please!" The doctor chuckled at the child's eagerness and revealed, 

"I am Sunghoon."

The small kid's eyes widened in surprise as he looked up at the doctor, his expression a mix of awe and wonder. "You're Sunghoon?" he exclaimed, his voice filled with excitement.

The doctor nodded with a warm smile. "Yes, I am. And that boy you heard about Jake, he was very special to me."

The kid's curiosity piqued as he leaned in closer, eager to hear more of the story. "What happened to Jake?"

The doctor's smile softened as he recalled the memories of Jake. "Jake... he was a fighter, brave and full of love. But sometimes, even the strongest among us need to find peace." He paused, his gaze distant as he remembered Jake's final moments.

"He left this world, but his love remains. Those paper hearts you saw, were a symbol of the love he shared with me, with everyone he touched. And though he's no longer with us, his spirit lives on in those paper hearts, reminding us of the power of love and the strength we find in each other."

The kid listened intently, his young mind trying to grasp the depth of the story. "So... Jake's gone, but his love is still here?"

The doctor nodded, a solemn expression on his face. "Yes, exactly. And it's up to us to carry that love forward, to keep his memory alive in our hearts."

The kid smiled, a newfound understanding dawning in his eyes. "I'll keep Jake's memory alive," he declared with determination. "And I'll treasure this paper heart forever."

The doctor smiled warmly at the kid's heartfelt words. "I'm sure Jake would be happy to know that his love lives on in you."

As the kid's mother approached, the doctor gently lifted him into her arms, his heart heavy with the weight of the past and the hope for the future. As they walked away, the echoes of Jake's love lingered in the air, a reminder of the enduring power of love, even in the face of loss.

No matter how far Jake goes, in Sunghoon's heart, he's still there. the paper hearts are still there. And that's how Sunghoon decided...

He will never forget about Jake and he will never dare to.

—Paper Hearts Park Sunghoon, Sim Jaeyun.