AGONY

As the night enveloped them in its gentle embrace, Jake and Sunghoon found themselves nestled amidst the sea of paper hearts, their room illuminated by the soft glow of moonlight filtering through the window. The clock on the wall ticked away the minutes, each passing moment a poignant reminder of the fleeting nature of time.

Jake's gaze lingered on the clock, the numbers flickering in the dim light, marking the progression of the night. With a heavy heart, he turned to Sunghoon, his hand seeking solace in the warmth of Sunghoon's grasp.

"Sunghoon," Jake whispered, his voice barely audible above the hushed rustle of the paper hearts.

"Jake?" Sunghoon's voice was filled with concern as he turned to face Jake, his eyes reflecting the sadness that weighed heavily upon them both.

"I just wanted you to know that I had fun," Jake began, his words tinged with a bittersweet longing. "I was able to experience the things that I wasn't able to experience before."

Tears welled up in Sunghoon's eyes as he listened to Jake's words, the reality of their situation crashing down upon them with devastating force.

"I don't have much time left, Sunghoon," Jake continued, his voice trembling with emotion. "I can't feel my body anymore."

Sunghoon's heart clenched in anguish as he pulled Jake into a tight embrace, his arms offering a fleeting sense of comfort amidst the turmoil of their final moments together.

"Jake, please, please stay with me for at least an hour," Sunghoon pleaded, his voice choked with tears. "I want to be with you more."

With a nod, Jake acquiesced to Sunghoon's request, his own tears mingling with Sunghoon's as they faced the stark reality of their impending farewell.

Sunghoon helped Jake to his feet, their steps faltering as they made their way to the waiting area of the hospital, where Nurse Emily and Doc. Yeon stood, their expressions grave with concern.

"I have 15 minutes left," Jake announced softly, his voice tinged with resignation.

As they settled into the chairs, Jake reflected on the memories they had shared within the walls of the hospital, his heart heavy with the weight of their impending separation.

"I wanted to live more," Jake murmured, his words tinged with regret. "I still have so many dreams."

But time was unforgiving, and as the minutes slipped away, Jake's strength waned, his body succumbing to the relentless onslaught of his illness.

With each passing moment, the inevitability of their parting loomed ever closer, casting a shadow over their final moments together.

"I'm sleepy already, Sunghoon," Jake murmured, his words barely audible above the soft hum of the hospital.

Sunghoon's heart ached as he watched Jake drift into a peaceful slumber, his breathing growing fainter with each passing moment.

"You can take a rest now, Jake," Sunghoon whispered, his voice breaking with emotion. "I love you."

As Jake's eyes fluttered closed for the final time, Sunghoon's tears fell freely, his heart heavy with grief as he watched his beloved slip away into the embrace of eternity.

"I love you more," Sunghoon whispered into the silence, his words a tender farewell to the love of his life.

As Jake's spirit departed from this world, Sunghoon was left alone, his tears a silent tribute to the love they had shared and the memories that would forever remain etched upon his heart.

As Sunghoon wept, his tears mingled with the gentle moonlight filtering through the window, casting a soft glow upon the scene unfolding in the hospital room. Doc. Yeon and Nurse Emily stood by silently, their hearts heavy with sorrow as they bore witness to the depth of Sunghoon's grief. With trembling hands, Sunghoon cradled Jake's lifeless body, his tears staining the fabric of Jake's hospital gown. He pressed his face against Jake's chest, seeking solace in the memory of their shared moments, now but a fading echo in the silence of the room.

Nurse Emily approached Sunghoon, her expression one of profound empathy as she laid a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Sunghoon, we're here for you," she whispered, her voice a gentle reminder of the support that surrounded him in his darkest hour. But Sunghoon's grief knew no bounds as he clung to Jake's lifeless form, his heart shattered into a million pieces by the magnitude of his loss. At that moment, the world seemed to fade away, leaving only Sunghoon and the empty void left by Jake's departure. 

"Sim Jaeyun, Time of Death, 12:00 am" Doc. Yeon said. 

As Sunghoon wept beside Jake's lifeless body, the weight of their shared sorrow palpable in the air, Doc. Yeon approached him with a heavy heart. Placing a gentle hand on Sunghoon's shoulder, he spoke softly, his voice filled with empathy.

"Sunghoon," Doc. Yeon began, his voice thick with emotion, "Can you carry Jake to the Hospital Mortuary?"

Sunghoon looked up at Doc. Yeon, his eyes red-rimmed and filled with tears, but he nodded silently, understanding the solemn task that lay before him. With a deep breath, Sunghoon gathered Jake's body into his arms, holding him close one last time before carrying him to his final resting place.

As Sunghoon made his way to the mortuary, each step weighed down by the unbearable grief of loss, he cradled Jake's still form with tenderness, whispering words of love and gratitude into the silent space between them. And though his heart ached with the pain of their separation, Sunghoon found strength in the knowledge that their love would endure, transcending the bounds of mortality to live on forever in his heart. 

Tears streamed down Sunghoon's face, his emotions raw as he leaned down to place a gentle kiss on Jake's forehead.

"Thank you, Jake," Sunghoon whispered, his voice choked with sorrow yet filled with gratitude for the love they had shared. "Thank you for filling my heart with love, for every moment we spent together."

As Sunghoon lingered by Jake's side, memories flooded his mind, each one a bittersweet reminder of the joy they had found in each other's presence. He traced the lines of Jake's face with trembling fingers, committing every detail to memory, unwilling to let go of the precious moments they had shared.

In the quiet of the mortuary, amidst the somber atmosphere, Sunghoon found solace in the knowledge that Jake's spirit would live on in his heart forever. And though their time together had been tragically cut short, the love they had shared would endure, a beacon of light guiding Sunghoon through the darkness of his grief.