Chapter 10

Eda woke up passed out on her couch and with an aching headache.   Her mind was fuzzy, but on the bright side, she didn't remember what horrible dream she had last night. "Ughhh... My head" my groaned, then felt something cold on her head. She sighed, then saw Liam looking up at her while lying on his back. She patted his head with a soft smile.  "Eda, are you okay? I got you some medicine" Cassandra said and handed her some really strong pain pills. "Thanks, Cassie... You kids are sweet" Eda mumbled.   "Well not too sweet, I can't be losing my street cred" nakusa scoffed. Eda let out a breathy chuckle. "Oh we can't have that now can we?" Eda joked.  

Her kids stayed with her until her headache calmed down. Then eda left to go take a shower.  Once eda could no longer hear, the three teenagers started plotting. "Alright, so there's something I really need to tell you guys," Cassandra said. "Shoot" Liam sighed. "Eda is suffering from a medical condition called incubusconophobia," Cassandra said. "The fuck is that?" Nakusa blurted out. "It's.. A rare condition, she has really scary dreams... She talks in her sleep and cries, and can. Get physical if you touch her while she's dreaming" Cassandra explained. "Must be why she never sleeps" Liam added. "Yeah, I'm trying to develop something to at least calm her dreams down" Cassandra explained. "And what do you need from us?" Nakusa asked. "To not tell anyone... And more DNA" Cassandra said.  "Got it" Liam agreed.

Meanwhile, eda had just gotten out of the shower and put on some clothes when her sister sent her a video. She didn't understand why, but it looked like it was from last night.

In the video, Eda threw the dice and won another game, hearing everyone cheer around her, she was pulled into Raine's embrace.  "Your awesome calamity!" Raine beamed. "She's just lucky!" Darius yelled, it's important not to know all of them were completely wasted, well... Not Lilith, but she wasn't completely sober.  eda and Raine Were giggling and holding each other, and Esmeralda was nowhere to be found. However, the camera zoomed in on eda and Raine. "Because of you. Are all I'm ever need" eda said, as Raine lifted her up.  They both laughed, "now you're all mine" Raine said, feeling very proud at the moment. "Go fuck each other or something! Nobody wants to see that!" Darius yelled. "Your fucking Odalia's husband!" Eda yelled back. She then kissed Raine's face a few times smiling and brushing their hair back with her hand "You're cute, edalyn"  Raine said"Nu-uh! I'm awesome! Not cute!" Eda argued. Raine put eda down keeping a hold of her by the hips, and started kissing her.  When they stopped eda pulled Raine away to nobody knows where. And that's when the video ended.

Eda was laughing and crying at the same time she didn't know what to do with herself.  That was them, that was Raine, holding her and kissing her, teasing her. Just as they used to... Before she ruined everything.   She watched the video on repeat for an hour, mostly just the part where Raine was holding her up, and kissing her.  She was crying silently, wishing she'd done so many things differently. 

Eda took 12 minutes to pull herself together and decided she needed a healthy distraction.

She went back into the living room and saw her kids talking. "Hey, kiddos! How about we go out today, anything you want to do?" Eda asked. "MURDER" Liam yelled. "Anything but murder," eda said. "let's rob a bank!" Nakusa beamed. "Nope, can't do that" Eda sighed. "Can we clone monkeys?" Cassandra asked. "Okay we can do anything that's legal" eda corrected herself.  The three teens looked at each other, then thought about something legal they could all enjoy. "Can we Go to the park?" Nakusa asked. "Seriously? Wow.. Yeah of course!" Eda said and grabbed her keys. 

Eda took her kids to the park, and let them run loose, while she sat on a bench.  Then heard, "Hey eda"  She looked behind her and saw Darius. "Oh, hey. What's up?" Eda asked. Darius sat next to her and shook his head. "Nothing much, but I do need some advice" he sighed. "Hm? With what? And why come to me of all people?" Eda asked. "Because you're the only person I can think of who might be able to help me" he explained. "Alright?.. With what" eda asked again. "Well..im kinda not really seeing someone, but there's a situation we're trying to get through. But if things go wrong I.. Might not be able to see him again" Darius explained. Eda was a little shocked, then sighed. "Darius.. I'm not the right person to come to die relationship advice" eda said. "Well I sure as hell can't ask Lilith"  he scoffed.

Eda chuckled. "Look..the only thing I can really tell you. Is to be open and honest with your partner.." Eda said. Darius gave her a "really bitch?"  Look. "You fucking hypocrite" he scoffed. "Fuck you, do you want my help or not?"  Eda shot back. "Yeah yeah, go on" Darius scoffed.  Eda rolled her eyes, then looked down at the grass. "I'm serious you know, don't make the same mistakes I did, you'll regret it for the rest of your life. And there's nothing worse than knowing why you're in pain, and not being able to do anything about it" eda explained, then heard Darius chuckle. "You can do something about it, clawthorne,"  Darius said. "If you're so smart then, what is it I can do?" Eda asked. "Stop avoiding the problem, and actually deal with it,"  he said in a mocking tone. "Oh shut up! If you're so smart then you tell me!" Eda argued. "Tell them. THE DAMN TRUTH" Darius yelled. "Screw you! Your fucking Odalia's husband!" Eda shot back.

Darius went red in the cheeks, then looked at eda horrified. "How'd you know that!?"  Eda looked confused, then smacked her lips. "Uh.. Well, I was bluffing but.. " eda muttered. "You can't tell anyone!" Darius said back. "Okay, okay, I won't," eda said, in Ina defensive manner. Darius sighed in relief. "You know this makes you a hoe, right?" Eda asked playfully. "Shut up!" Darius yelled. Eda chuckled, then  thought of Raine. "Have you spoken to Raine today?"  Eda asked. "Oh, yeah, woke up with a huge hangover, but they said they accidentally agreed to do a live performance" Darius said. "What!? But their stage fright!" Eda protested. "I know..they said they can deal with it but I'm not so convinced"  Darius shrugged. "Damn.. I hope they'll be okay" eda whispered.  "Word of advice eda.. Those kids you take care of they need a proper parental figure, even if it's not you, you should give them a normal childhood" Darius said, eda smiled and nodded.

Eda stood up, and was able to spot her kids from afar, then turned to Darius.  "I hope everything goes well" she said, then started walking.   As she got closer, she heard them chanting. "SAC-RI-FICE! SAC-RI-FICE! SAC-RI-FICE!" Eda peeks behind trees, and saw them standing around a dead rabbit, with a pentagram drawn in the ground.  She smelled smoke so she assumes eda nakusa burned it in the ground.    Eda chuckled, seeing them be silly kids no matter what fucked up activities they indulged in. 

She came from behind the trees to greet them. "Hey guys, whatcha up to?" Eda asked. "Oh, hi eda! We're trying to summon Lucifer" Cassandra said. "You need a got for that one kiddos" eda teased.  "Damn.. I knew I wasn't a rabbit" nakusa scoffed. "Hello" Liam said. "Hi buddy" eda replied in a playful tone. She sat down on the grass, and gave them a look to sit down with her.  They did, and looked at eda curiously. "Guys, are you happy with me? Or at the very least feel safe?"  Eda asked. "I guess so, why?"  Nakusa asked. "You guys.. Need a proper parental figure in your lives, I'm not saying you have to think of me as your mother.. I just wa t you to know you can always come to me if you need anything, or if your having trouble" eda explained. "Why?" Cassandra asked. "Because.. That's what trusted adults are here for, and I want to be that for you guys.. " eda said, looked at each child, not caring about their past.

Eda smiled, but noticed Liam was looking at her funny, but she wouldn't mention it. "Do you guys understand?" Eda asked. They all nodded. "Awesome, now let's go find a goat to summon Lucifer" eda said with pride and stood up.