Where are we?

Whether it was the old Mylène or me, we never rode horses.  I wouldn't have had the opportunity too busy working tirelessly to afford a good life.

Distractions and other forms of fun were forbidden to me, the only pleasure I could allow myself was my dildos and going for a few drinks in a bar... which ultimately led to my death even if it  isn't that bad actually.

Damn, my butt and lower back hurt so much that despite the intense cold biting my flesh through my clothes, a layer of sweat still settled on my face.  I could feel a drop of it sliding down my spine to tickle the hollow of my buttocks: it was a real punishment.

It was quite uncomfortable!  In addition, I also had to think about how not to end up on the ground with the pace of my horse who was following that of Azef who was galloping in front of me.

Damn, I have to be strong, I have to do this to make sure no one gets in my way again or even dares to challenge me.

This was therefore a lesser effort when I thought of the result I would obtain after all my efforts.

The wind continued to whistle around me, my hair dancing behind my back, not to mention the fact that my joints were getting sore and my jaw was clicking slightly...it was just too cold.

I turned my face, studying the surroundings, it wasn't the same nomenclature I remembered on the way into town.  It's true that I never took the time to wonder where the car was going if it was north or south.

I looked around and noticed that we were walking down a path that looked like it wasn't constantly used.

“Azef?”  I called, a little worried.

Azef stopped at the sound of Mylène's voice and turned, his horse a little agitated so he calmed it first allowing Mylène to join him.

"Where are we going?"

“We’re already here, you mean...”

I turned, observing my surroundings more intently before being startled by the appearance of the trees and vegetation around, it was both picturesque and frightening.

Even though the sky was cloudy and gray, it still seemed more welcoming in other places compared to this area which made the atmosphere really stifling.

“Where.. where are we?”

Azef turned to look at me and I could see a note of coldness in his eyes as if it was normal for us to be in this place and my question shouldn't be because everyone knows it.

“Don’t look at me like that, I won’t let you act like this.”  I growled, offended by this contemptuous look.

I was now pretty angry with him for his condescending behavior.  Seeing this, Azef just turned his face away, coming in front of me to apologize.

“I didn't mean to offend you or upset you...it's just that this place is the one for you...well I mean that if you want to develop your abilities, it would always be wise to come here."

“That doesn’t answer my question: where are we?”

“We are in a wing of the Nightmare Forest.”

I thought I fell off my horse after hearing that, what was this story again?

“The Forest of Nightmares?  I thought access was prohibited, even dad can't go in.”

“It’s different if you’re protected like you are”

“Protected by what or by whom?  I point out to you that my parents were banished from this place and as their child, I do not think that my entry into this forest would be a good thing”

“I know but you are with me which protects you.”

“And in what?  Which ties in with my old questions about your identity...how in this world can you, whom I suppose to be nothing more than a simple demon, affiliated with my mother, therefore inferior to her...with reservations...  enter and exit the Nightmare Forest as you please without arousing the wrath of the sacred beasts...speaking of them, I wonder why they haven't manifested yet given the essence of my being.”

“Listen Mylène, you don’t have to ask yourself all these questions.  In addition, the other sacred beasts left the forest some time ago.”

“They left the forest?  Isn't that dangerous by any chance?  The evil creatures of this forest no longer have any safeguards now they can come out and wreak havoc in the kingdom.  But wait, how do you know all that?”

“Again that won't be the case because sacred beasts never do anything randomly so no need to worry...let's just get to work.”