II - The Lucky Charm (12. Until I found You)

The area where the Drag City Race was held was brightly lit, and not a single cop was around. The area was clearly teeming with guards, most of them big and scary looking, putting everyone's mind at ease. They were surrounded by more guards as they got down from the van. "Kids, these are Big, Ken, Nodt, Ram and Kevin. They will be your bodyguards for tonight. You are to stay with them, alright?" Arm said, as he motioned towards the men standing in the front of them. The kids nodded, just as Phayu and Pai made their way to them. Rain immediately hugged Phayu and he kissed Rain on the forehead. "Are you guys okay?" he asked and he kept Rain in the circle of his arms. "Yes Phi," Sky replied and the others nodded as they waiied. "We are going to take you to the centre of the ring so to say. We need him.. them.. to see you," Pai said, as he led the way the to the front.

"And once they see us?" Sig asked. "We will let the games begin!" Phayu and Pai said with a look on their faces that would have terrified normal people but really brought peace into the hearts of the five younger ones. It thrilled them that today justice would be served. They reached the central area, where Kinn, Porche, Vegas and Pete waited. The kids waiied. "Come sit here with us," Pete gestured them close. Soon, noises started pouring in, shouts increased as bets were made and bikes were readied. But there was no sign of Gun and his cronies. They continuously scanned the crowd, waiting for a single sign. "He is here!" someone hissed almost when they were very nearly disheartened, and they all perked up. The entire family and the guards went on high alert and moved closer to the children, still keeping them visible.

Gun's eyes widened and he came to a standstill as he saw Sky standing amongst the Theerpanayakuls, with his head held high, looking at Gun right in the eye. There was no fear, not even the flicker of an eyelid to show that he was in any way intimidated by Gun. Another boy stood beside him, glaring angrily at Gun, He also showed no fear, hands clenched on the side, as if would punch through Gun given a chance. "See something interesting?" Pai put his arm around Gun's shoulder, gesturing towards where everyone was sitting. "No Khun Pai, nothing. I don't know many people here," Gun said, the tremble in his voice sounding like the sweetest music to everyone who could hear. "Are you sure? You know these people?" Phayu asked, coming up to the other side of Gun.

"No Khun, I don't know anyone," he replied, shaking his head frantically. "Not even Pakin and Chai?" Phayu asked, his eyes flashing, danger oozing from every pore. Rain gulped. "Ai'Sky, I think I will go home with P'Phayu today," he said softly. It was the snickers around him that made him realise that Pa Pete and Dad Vegas had heard him. Rain blushed to the roots of his hair, unable to meet Phayu's parents' eyes. "It's okay Rain. Phayu is like his Dad," Pete said, making Rain blush even more at the too much of information given to him. But he didn't take his eyes off the scene unfolding in front of him. Gun was fidgeting, hoping one of his friends will come and rescue him, but when he turned around, they were all surrounded by guards. Pai turned him face the front again.

"I thought you said you knew these people? Can you point out Pakin to us?" Pai asked, arm still casually hung over Gun's shoulders. "I..I.. no," he said, sounding pitiful. Suddenly Sky laughed, his mirth carrying clearly forward in the night breeze. He stepped out from behind Pete and Porche, moving directly to the front of the tent. Rain, Sig and Por immediately flanked him, as did Big, Kevin and Nodt and Ken. "This is what you were?" Sky asked Gun, in a loud and clear voice that carried over the crowds. "I was so scared of you, so afraid of the hurt you could give me. But Rain was right. Bullies are just big cowards who hide behind façades. You were scared of the people here, so you used their name to hide behind like the snivelling dog that you were!" Sky's voice held such disdain and contempt that Gun paled. He jerked forward. "You!" he started, butt was yanked back.

"Tell them to let me go. Then let us see if I am coward or not," Gun said, frothing at the mouth. Before anyone could say anything, Rain stepped forward. "Although violence is not allowed at these races, I am pretty sure that if I were to break your nose, no one would blink an eye," he said, confidently crossing his arms over his chest. "A pretty thing like you doesn't scare me," Gun said, smirking, for a moment forgetting where he was. Pai's hold on his shoulders tightened. "Now that was not the smartest thing to say," Pai smiled. For a second, Gun felt like he was standing next to a shark. "Let's go boys! Chan, escort our friends to our facilities. We will get to them later," Phayu said. The guards immediately nodded and Gun and his friends were dragged away. "It's done Sky," Phayu said, smiling at the boy.