XI - The stupid (cute) boy 1

"That was so stupid of you! Stupid boy!" Phayu said, as he turned away

"That was so stupid of you! Stupid boy!" Phayu said, as he turned away. He whirled around again as Rain burst out into laughter. While the laugh itself was not the problem; the bitterness in it definitely was. "Rain?" Phayu called out hesitantly. "Stupid, stupid, stupid! That's all you got Phi?" Rain asked, looking at Phayu with a sneer on his face. Rain walked past Phayu and stood at the door of the room, unlocking it. "It is not the first time someone has said that about me Phi; nor will it be the last. Friends, family, everyone has pointed that out to me all my life every single day. It was not like I expected anything different from the most 'God' like senior of our faculty," he said, as he walked out.

Phayu stared after Rain, processing what the boy had said. He was shocked. He rushed out to look for Rain, but he was gone, disappeared. Phayu facepalmed. What the fuck had he done? He hated swearing, but that's exactly what he wanted to do right now; swear the air blue. He was the one who had been stupid. He should have noticed the closed expression on the boy immediately, as soon as the word stupid had entered the conversation. He had just been so afraid of losing Rain, of what could happen to him if the guards had caught him, that he had tuned everything out. And now.. now everything was a mess. But he would remedy that as soon as possible. He would go to the faculty tomorrow itself and talk to Rain.

The next morning, he hurried into the Uni, looking for Rain, but to no avail. He did see Sky though. "Nong Sky, you are friends with Rain, right? Where is he?" he asked. "How would I know? His stupidity got both of us in trouble, isn't that enough?" Sky replied. Phayu fumed. No wonder the boy had been devastated. "Do you all call him that often?" he asked. "Call him what?" Sky asked, looking puzzled. "Stupid?" Phayu asked. "Of course Phi. Calling someone stupid is no big deal," a new voice piped up. Phayu turned around to see the juniors called Sig, Por and Ple standing there. Sig seemed to have been the one who spoke because Por and Ple were nodding their heads. "Some friends you are," Phayu said, feeling even more guilty as he turned and walked away.

"What did he mean by that?" Sky still looked puzzled. "Who cares? And where is Rain by the way? Don't we have a presentation? And isn't he the one who had to make it?" Ple asked, sounding annoyed. Suddenly Sky's phone rang. "Hello?" "Khun Sky?" "Yes?" "There is a delivery for you outside the faculty of Architecture," a voice said. "Who sent it?" Sky asked. "Khun, my job is to just deliver. I don't know who sent it." "I am coming." Sky ran out and received a small package. He went back inside and opened it. There was a USB drive in it, along with a note. "I did my part of the presentation. Hope you guys will do the rest." It was signed with a small rain cloud.

"This is the best presentation so far," the Ajarn said, as he praised their group. "Good job Sky," he said, automatically assuming it was Sky who made it. "But no marks for Rain since he didn't contribute," he added. "Ajarn, Rain is the one who made the presentation, not me. We just gave him the information," Sky said, not wanting to take false credit. "Wow! That stupid boy is actually that talented?" the Ajarn said, and everyone laughed. But something made Sky uncomfortable, and he hated it. Where was Rain? Why didn't he come himself? Sky was determined to get to the bottom of it. They didn't have Uni for the next few days, so he would go meet Rain, before going home to Lobpuri.