IV - Watashi no Akuma - 1

Rain jolted out of his sleep, panting and sweating

Rain jolted out of his sleep, panting and sweating. He dropped his face into his hands. What had gone wrong all of a sudden? What was this weird dream that had taken him over? For as long as he could remember, Rain had dreamt the same dream, every single night; of a tall handsome man, with long black hair and sexy blue eyes; eyes that bore into his, marking him as his, even without laying a hand on him. He remembered the exact moment when blue became his favourite colour, replacing the magenta he had always loved. At first, the dreams were soft, gentle, where his person would just sit next to him, and they would sit for hours, in complete silence. As Rain grew older, the dreams changed. The eyes changed, their colour going from blue to amber, tiny flames fluttering in their depths. There was something more in them, something unbearable, that would make Rain squirm. He vividly remembered the first time he came, with just those eyes boring into him. He had felt reckless, but wanted; oh so wanted!

But today, it had been different. Those eyes were pitch black, like they were pits of hell, where all the horrors of the world resided. The gorgeous black hair that he loved was untied and tangled. The little bit of the hands he had been able to see were manacled, and long chains extended from it. Rain couldn't see where the chains ended, but he could see the pain etched in that beloved face. He had held out his hand, hoping to just stroke his love once, but the feral anger had made him breathless, and he had woken up back in his bed. He realised that the pain that he had felt just upon waking had not been his, but had belonged to someone else; someone who had resided in his head and heart forever. "P'Phayu," he breathed out, his eyes closing in pain and fear.

Sky watched as Rain studiously took down notes in class. He looked like he was completely focused on the task at hand, but Sky knew Rain. He had known him the best and the longest among all their friends. Rain was a good student, extremely creative, he was nothing less than perfect. But he hid himself behind a fake persona that most people could not see past. There was nothing about Rain that Sky didn't know. But it had been a week and Rain had still not unburdened himself. This is why Sky knew this was serious. Instead of talking between classes, Sky decided to wait it out. Sometimes Rain would give it up on his own, sometimes Sky had to pry it out of him, and this time, it seemed like the latter. As soon as the class was over, Por leaned forward. "Let's go to the canteen guys? I am hungry, and thirsty," he said. "Good plan. Why don't you guys go ahead? Rain and I will catch up with you," Sky said, effectively sealing Rain's escape. Everyone nodded and left. "Are you going to tell me what it is or am I going to have to beat it out of you?" Sky asked. "I can't talk here Sky. Let's meet at your dorm later?" Rain asked, and Sky nodded.

"What happened? The dream again?" Sky asked. He was the only one who knew about Rain's dreams. Even then, he hadn't told him everything. "I have no idea if it was a dream or a nightmare," Rain said, his head in his hands. "What do you mean?" Sky asked. Rain told him all about what had happened a week ago. "I haven't slept since. I am literally afraid to. I can't see him like that. It hurts my heart," Rain said, acute despair colouring his tone. "Rain, you must find out about him. That's the only way. You said you have his name. Search in a book or the Internet or something, anything. You might not get perfect replies, but there will definitely be some information that might help you," Sky said. "Mother and Father are back home. I dare not search anything there," Rain said, now fear colouring his tone as well. "Rain, you know you are always welcome to use my things. How many times do I have to tell you that?" Sky asked, exasperated.