three

Some of you didn't receive the notification for the 2nd chapter

Some of you didn't receive the notification for the 2nd chapter. Please go and read that one before this!

*******

Valli
What is a nischitardam?

Atharva picked up his phone to look at the message that he just received. Her name flashed in the lockscreen and he turned his attention completely away from his desk to reply to her. He leaned back on his office chair and a smile took over his face. He was wondering how she had not messaged him since morning. It had been over a month since their marriage was fixed, and she took his number. She was shy and quiet at first, messaging him only a few times to ask him how he was doing. One day, she had to ask for his shirt size - and that conversation carried on. They had their first fight when he refused to take any gifts from her parents and she insisted. She became fully comfortable with him. Then slowly, she would call him at night. After the first call, he found himself waiting every single night for her call. The talktime went from 3 minutes to 3 whole hours. She would speak mindlessly, endlessly, often driving him crazy with the things that she would say. But he loved it. He hardly spoke in these conversations but he loved listening to her.

Atharva mama
Why? Who is talking about it?

Valli
Ayyagaru came home to discuss. I'm in my room. They're planning so many things.
Is it for us both?
Because you know?
We're getting married.
My friends think I am lucky because you are a little older and older men are better. They're experienced it seems.
I asked better at what
They won't tell me
They say I'll find out after marriage.

Atharva mama
Stop talking to your friends. They're teaching you all nonsense.

Valli
What? Why?
They say you'll be my teacher again and smack me again. I said you won't... Only with a scale.

Atharva mama
Why the fuck are you talking to you friends about us and telling them all these things?
Do you not have a brain? Learn how to keep things private. They're teaching and telling you all stupid things.
Stop talking to them or you will not go to college anymore.
Idiot.

She was innocent. Being innocent wasn't wrong. But they were tainting her purity. He slapped his phone onto the table and went back to work. But it bothered him. He was so mean to her, and he regretted it just a few minutes later. He grabbed his phone again to look at the messages, and there were no responses. He called her again, but there was no response.

"Ah fuck." He whispered to himself.

Atharva mama
Valli?
Valli ma
Sorry ma
Please answer my call