six

My phone fell on my face while writing this chapter yesterday and my nose tapped on publish

My phone fell on my face while writing this chapter yesterday and my nose tapped on publish. That's why it was published. I wasn't done yet. There is very little high voltage drama in this chapter. You'll see Valli the overthinker and Atharva the overtalker in this chapter. I wanted to write more, but I realised that this isn't a short story that I have to finish in a few chapters anymore, so I let it be. Also, I work now guys, can you believe it? So updates everyday wouldn't be possible. I will need 2ish days to write. Pls understand and give love. Pls read. Leave comments. Thanks.

***

Surprises were neither welcome, nor appreciated by Atharva. But who doesn't love having love showered upon them? That's why Atharva had an embarrassed and hot smile covering his face, looking at the few important people in his life gathered to celebrate his grand thirtieth.

"Happy Birthday kanna!" Ayyagaru said happily, taking his tall son into his arms.

"Thank you nana!" Atharva smiled, placing an affectionate kiss on his cheek. He pulled away from the hug and bent over, touching his feet and brought his hands up to his chest and forehead. Moments later, he felt Valli incline next to him, touching his father's feet.

"Bless you Atharva, with a long long life. Bless both of you with a long life of togetherness." He said, laying a palm on each of their heads.

"Thank you Ayyagaru!" Valli smiled with twinkling eyes at him.

"You are the finest gift I could've found for my Atharva, Kumud. May your life be a blessing to him." He cupped her face, he held the same affection as a father would making Valli fill up with warmth.

Atharva moved on, he went on to take blessings from Valli's parents. There were a few young boys and girls who Atharva was dear to. He was like an older brother to so many in the village. They rushed to wish him a happy birthday, followed by some of his friends and Rama.

"Kumud akka, will we have to call you vadina (bhabhi) now?" One of the older boys asked, he must've gotten an idea from how they had taken blessings together.

"Or you can call him bava (jiju), Vijay?" She offered.

"Does that mean you're actually dating?" He gasped loudly in surprise.

"Getting married. Don't tell anyone yet." She whispered to him.

"Secret?" He asked.

"Secret." Valli nodded.

"Wow!" He laughed happily.

"Kumudu kanna!" Her mother rushed towards her. If anyone just saw her, they'd think that Valli and her mother had not met in weeks. She was away for a few extra hours only.

"Did you buy the saree?" She asked with excitement.

"Yes. Atharva mama bought it. But I selected it. I'll show you after going home. I brought a few things for you too." She grinned.