four

Even if you feel like you've read it before, read it again because I changed a major part of the chapter since I don't need to hurry along the book

Even if you feel like you've read it before, read it again because I changed a major part of the chapter since I don't need to hurry along the book. Happy reading, comment and lemme know what you like and what you don't. ❤️

****

It was Thursday evening, Valli had elephants raging in her stomach. She was going to be with him tomorrow, it had been a week since they met and she missed him. She was making a bunch of snacks in the kitchen to take to the city tomorrow, she wanted to stock up his home. That was always one of his biggest complaints - he was hungry. And Atharva was really simple, he wished for normal food.

Her phone rang a few minutes later. She answered it and put it on speaker without paying attention to who it was from. She was roasting peanuts, and if she stopped moving them around for even a second, they would burn.

"Hello?" she spoke

"Valli ma..." Her fiancé's voice came.

"Hello? Atharva mama ?" She said again, she wanted to take her phone and talk to him personally, but she couldn't stop moving peanuts, they'd burn.

"Valli ma... I need a favour if you dont mind." he sighed.

"Aah ! Tell no ? Why would I mind?" she said.

"Can you buy and take some hot idlis home ? Nana is not feeling well and he is not eating anything that the cook is making." he said helplessly.

"What ? He's sick ? I just saw him at the temple in the morning, I even took his blessings and made him buy me Naankathai!" she said with worry.

"You did?" she could hear the smile in his voice.

"Yeah... I will take idlis. I'll make them and take them. And coffee. Ayyagaru has sugar no? I will make hot coffee without sugar. Don't worry, Chinnayya...I'll make sure to take care of him." Valli assured him, her mother who was sitting at dining table, heard and quickly got up to help her.

"Thank you so much, Kanna." He said. Her face became red in colour knowing that her mother heard him call her with that endearment. She looked at the stove intensely, not meeting eyes with her mother.

"There's this stain that won't go away in my kitchen." He mumbled, he found himself sharing trivial details of his life with her nowadays.

"Oh?" she frowned.

"I tried to put bleach, my hand burns now." He told her.

"Chinnayya...why would you do that? You didn't wear gloves?" She exclaimed in concern.

"No. anyway... That white shirt that I wore from your home that day, I wore it to office today and I got so many compliments." He told her. She finally looked up to see her mother's reaction, She was smiling ear to ear with joy.

"You liked it ah?" Valli asked happily.

"Mhm..how could I not ? You chose it for me." He rasped, she wanted to throw a cushion at his face. But she didn't even want to tell him that the phone was on speaker and give her mother the idea that they usually spoke about anything deemed inappropriate for them.