seven

Atharva had half a mind to go and visit Valli, with an excuse that he was there to check on her because he was told that she was sick

Atharva had half a mind to go and visit Valli, with an excuse that he was there to check on her because he was told that she was sick. But something in him told him that she wasn't. And that something even told him that he shouldn't go. He would see her at dinner anyway tonight.

His birthday was one occasion that he and his father used to give everyone in the village a nice dinner. They had a humongous lawn area outside of their humongous mansion home. There were cooks, cooking up a storm behind their house. And Atharva, Ram and Atharva's father sat in his study, going over some work. Rama was Atharva's CFO, the Chief Finance Officer. He also looked after any foreign deals that came though.

"We have to buy land for a warehouse, uncle. We are losing money on storing our inventory. Once export starts, we will have to pour out more money into just storage. And having a warehouse in the village is the best option since we produce from here." Ram said, showing him the figures in the file.

"How much would it save per quarter?" Atharva asked.

"At least 60%."

"And how much would the logistics spike?"

"Only 20%."

"I will buy the land then." Atharva said.

"No. We can take funding from real estate." Ram frowned.

"I'll take a lease from the company budget with no deposits. I want to buy the land for myself. But the company can use it. I'll take 80% less than other leases." Atharva made the decision.

"We have the land ready, Atharva. We just have to sign the papers." His father finally spoke. He simply nodded, leaning back on his seat.

"I need to go make a few changes to the papers. I'll be back." Atharva stood up and left the room quickly.

Atharva mama
I don't know what's wrong, kanna. But I hope you're okay.

The blue ticks came almost instantly, he watched for a few minutes for the response but nothing came. He sighed, moving on to make a call to the lawyer.

It was 7:30pm when the villagers gathered in the lawn for the special dinner arranged for them. It was sort of like giving back to the people. There were tables and chairs arranged, Ayyagaru himself went around, greetings and serving. Atharva stood to the side, just watching the entire ordeal and politely thanking whoever wished him. His eyes were trained on the main gate, waiting for his Valli.

Valli had not said a single word since that morning. But she was finally dressed in a yellow saree that she found from her farewell at the back of her closet. No wonder he had asked her to wear yellow. She had a saree already. She held a little rose in her hand, she felt like she owed him an apology. So, she wanted to give her man a flower. But she was in mood to be around people, her head was hurting and she had cried so much, her eyes were burning and red now. She just couldn't take it, that her mother would say such things to her.