Chapter 3.

When I say all eyes were on me, everyone was looking at me even the teacher, until she looked to my left and saw Nate.

"Mr. Ash, its a pleasure to finally have you grace this classroom with your presence." remarked the teacher sarcastically.

Nate curtsied and gave the teacher his pass, " I don't know if you've heard Mrs. Duncan, but I got beat up and I don't like your tone, technically I'm a victim and this honorable young lady risked her live to save me." he replied dramatically throwing his hand back at me.

The teacher, Mrs.Duncan, looked like she was done with Nate. "Sit down, before I take your lunch period." she replied taking his hall pass.

Nate walked to his seat and I was left standing in the front of the classroom,people still staring at me, a few of them whispering.

"Young lady, I don't think you're in my class. Can you show me your schedule?" the teacher asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows and reached into my bag to pull out my schedule, and looked for Duncan next to second period, she was right. I wasn't in her class. I shot a look at Nate but he was the only student in the class not looking at me. I left out of the classroom and went on a hunt to actually find my second period, I was embarrassed to say the least.

As I was walking pass the boys restroom I heard someone shouting.

" I told about running your mouth! Now you know what this means and as much as I like you, it pains me to do this." yelled some guy.

"Just get it over with. We have other things to do." chimed in another guy.

I heard rustling. It sounded like someone was getting hurt. I stood there with my ear pressed on the door. I was the only one in the hall therefore, I was the only one hearing what was going on the in the restroom. I couldn't just storm in and save the guy because there was more than one person.

"I'm sorry. Please it won't happen again. Just let me go." pleaded another guy

"Shut up Max! We warned you, not once, not twice, but three times and still you tried to rat us out. Now you'll pay everyday for the rest of the school year!" screamed a fourth guy.

"Marco, finish it." the fourth guy commanded.

Just then I heard footsteps coming towards the door, I turned and ran down the hall and ducked behind a corner. I had never been so scared in my life, my heart was beating 100 beats a second, I was breathing really loud and I could've sworn that someone was going to hear.

I really needed to find my class and just sitting here wasn't going to spend the rest of my school day hiding. I reached into my bag to find my binder, but it wasn't there.

"Oh God, oh God, oh God!" I whispered.

I emptied everything onto the hall floor, still no binder. I must have dropped it while I was running from the restroom. I went to peek around the corner to see if it were still there but instead I turned around to a pair of knees.

"Looking for this?" asked a guy flashing my binder in front of my face.

I looked up and gave an innocent smile.

"There's my binder. Where'd you find it?" I asked reaching for it.

He snatched it back and opened it picking up my schedule.

" I know you heard what happened in the boys bathroom, Artura. Did I pronounce that right?" he asked.

"Uh, Yeah. Artura. Can I have my binder back?" I replied.

" You heard what happened in the restroom didn't you?" he asked a little louder this time.

" What? Me?No, I was running down the hall so fast to get to my second period that all I heard was the air whipping past my face. " I lied.