Chapter 16

Artura pov

"Wh-what?" I asked in shock.

Danny looked at Nate in disbelief. He was rejecting me, I'd show this guy who I was and he was pushing me back into my contacts. Without even knowing how hard it was for me to reveal my true self to the both of them. I opened my mouth to speak and then closed it and just looked at him.

"Why is everyone staring at me- Oh God, stop being so dramatic- I said that because I figured that you didn't want everyone to see your eyes, which are gorgeous by the way, but Marco just stormed out of the school  like a mad man and  I'm guessing that he's looking for you, wont be long until he gets over here." He said looking out the window.

Danny and I both looked behind me out of the window and sure enough Marco was coming, he was looking into every car in the parking lot until I turned around, he spotted me and started making his way towards the truck. I jabbed the keys in the ignition and he started running but before he could catch me I was out of the parking lot.

"He's gonna be pissed." Danny said.

"Not as pissed as I was." I scoffed.

"So what happened after homecoming? I'm still the only person who doesn't know and you guys Know that I take pride in knowing everything." Nate whined.

I looked to the backseat at Danny who just shrugged, as we drove into the city I told Nate all the details of the past few days. The way his face ran through all the emotions was a sight to see but when his face settled on one of pure disgust, I knew that originally he didn't think it was as bad.

"Straight boys, even the hot ones , have problems. Like possessive, entitlement problems they think that everything belongs to them." He said as we entered Applebee's.

"Especially , Marco he's overly possessive, but I have to admit, I've never seen him be possessive over a girl before." Danny said.

"Is that supposed to make me feel special?" I asked.

We walked in and there were already three people ahead of us so, we had to sit on the cushioned bench until the hostess came, my phone continuously vibrated in my back pocket, signaling that either Idiot 1 was calling or Idiot 2. The hostess finally called for our table, she was short with a blue pixie cut and had her eyes on Nate.

"So here are your menus and a waitress will be by to take your orders." She said staring at Nate the entire time.

We scooted into the booth, I sat by myself and Danny sat beside Nate. I felt my phone vibrate and knew who it was without even looking at it, so  didn't reach for it. I looked  up from the appetizers to the hostess who was still trying to make Nate catch her signs, but when he didn't she just went for it.

" Um, maybe you want to hang out sometimes, here's my nu-"

"He's gay." Danny said snickering

"Oh, I uh. Sorry." The hostess stammered.

"It's fine." Nate said laughing.

The hostess walked off and Nate continued to laugh while he turned his attention to Danny. I did the same because I wanted to know why Danny seemed so... jealous?

"Jealous?" He asked.

"Who me?" Danny asked pointing at his own chest.

I looked over my menu while Danny and Nate whispered back and forth to one another and the waitress finally came  to take our order for the appetizers. Across the room I could see the hostess staring straight at our table and then quickly turned away when a couple was trying to get her attention.