Chapter 11

"So you're not going to homecoming?" Nate asked again while we were walking to our lunch table.

"No. Its stupid. Just a fashion show. Plus I don't like parties and homecoming is just a big party. No thank you." I replied pulling hair up into a bun before digging into my salad.

"Mhhm." Nate rolled his eyes.

I did the same just as Marco walked up to our table. For the past two months I've been keeping my word to him, I guess he thought that he was just so irresistible that I would've come crawling back to him within a week. He thought wrong. He's been trying to talk to me since then like my promise will waiver.

"So, you guys going to homecoming?"He asked.

I never looked up at him, but Nate responded. Just becauatate was my friend didn't mean that he couldn't associate himself with Marco just because I wasn't, that's a little much. I pulled out my phone, luckily for me, Cole had just texted my phone.

Cole and I had met during the time span of the rumors going around that Marco and I had slept together, so any guy that approached me only wanted sex. Sadly to say, I thought that Cole was one of them, so when he approached me I was at the last straw and I was pissed, so I blew up on him.

After Nate told me who he was and how he barely talked to anyone at that school, I felt bad and immediately apologized, but Cole made it difficult. He didn't just accept my apology right off the jump, I had to go on a date with him for him to forgive me, I was scared at first because I'd actually never been on a date and now it was my ultimatum.

I went anyway and explained to Cole why I'd blown up on him when he approached me.

"I honestly thought, a guy like you would only had been approaching me to ask for sex. But then Nate told me how you guys were good friends and that he actually told you to talk to me and I must've made the worst first impression." I said as we took our seats at an empty booth.

"Yeah, you made a horrid first impression. But I'm glad you did that for two reasons." He said.

"And they are?" I asked leaning into the table.

"One, I was literally going to chicken out as soon as you turned around, so that gave me a little spur of confidence  and two, I know how to tell when you're pissed now, so in the future I can just pretend like I walked up to the wrong person and walk away." He said chuckling.