Chapter 15

Marco POV

"Did she answer?" I asked.

Danny took his phone down from his ear and tossed it onto the bed and sitting on the edge. All day I'd been having Nate and Danny call her since  she hadn't answered any of my calls or text messages.

"No. She's probably busy." He said lying down and putting his arms over his head.

"Its 10:30 at night how busy can she be?" I asked.

"Maybe she isn't busy alright. Maybe she's hurt and doesn't want to talk." Danny sighed.

I left out of his room and shuffled into mine, he was still upset with me about the entire thing but not as mad as he was with Cole.

He felt like Cole had no business getting involved with what Artura and I had going on between us and that he was heartless for what he'd done, even telling him that he hoped that she never talked to him again. But there was something else.

Danny was trying to protect Artura from something, or someone. It wasnt often when he'd be protective over someone but when he was it was noticeable. He'd get mad, he'd worry, lockertay distant.

I opened my door and walked back into Danny's room, where he was still laying on the edge of his bed.

"What are you trying protect her from?" I asked standing in the threshold.

"Protect who?" He asked not even flinching.

"You know who. Artura." I said

He sat up and gave me an unbothered look and then pulled his phone from beneath him and started typing.

"I'm not trying to protect her from anything." He said nonchalantly.

"Then why'd you get so upset earlier?" I asked leaning up against the door frame.

He looked up from his phone and looked at me like what I said was stupid. But it wasn't, I understood if he'd gotten mad but Danny had gotten furious.

"Get out of my room." He deadpanned.

"Why? Am I hitting a nerve?" I asked.

"No, but I'm about to hit you if you don't leave." He said standing from his bed.

"I'll leave when you tell me what's going on with her." I said crossing my arms.

"Marco, if you want to know. You ask her." Danny said pushing me out of his room.

"Why do you even care so much, you obviously don't care about her. So leave it alone before you make it worse." He said closing  his door.

I checked my watch for the time and went into my room pacing the floors. Danny was right. Why did I care so much? But I couldn't agree that I didn't care about her, that part I wasn't so sure of, but I still had questions for her.

There was a knock on my door and then it opened revealing my dad. He came in with his hands stuffed in his jean pockets and took a seat at my desk turning the chair towards me.

"I overheard the conversation that you were having with your brother." He said.

"Yeah?"

"Artura. She the girl from homecoming night?" He asked.

I dropped my head and sighed. "Yeah."

"So what's going on with that? You still trying to go after her?" He asked.

I didn't answer him, I couldn't answer him because I didn't even know what was going on with us, she probably hated me right now.

" What's so special about this girl that you just can't leave her alone. She's your cousin's ex." He said.