Chapter 5

Walking away from Mom, I returned to the store and saw Draco sitting in a chair. He looked at Mom. Turning my head to her, I saw her new snake move to her ears. She smiles at it and starts talking to Midnight. Turning to Draco, I walked up to him, letting out a sigh, and then put on a smile.

"Hay, we got off on the wrong foot, but we should start over. My name is Harry Smith. My Mom out there is Alex Smith. And she wanted to know if you wanted to shop with us. At least until your mom gets back." He turned to me, looking between Mom and me, who was now grinning at the snake.

"Why should I? Your family name has no value whatsoever. And why would I associate with a crazed woman talking to a snake?" No harm, of course. I'm taking a deep breath, trying to push that comment aside.

"My MOM is trying to be nice. And to be frank, so am I."

"Well, you and your muggle mother can leave me be. Maybe she could be shocked at seeing a broom." My hands clenched, taking a deep breath to keep my cool.

"For your information, she is no muggle. She is a witch and a powerful one at that. So if you keep insulting her, your face will contact every wall in this shop. So I recommend you keep your mouth shut."

"Is that a threat? Very weak at that. You don't have the strength to do so. Your mother is watching. And whose side do you think she will take?

"You don't know her, so you have nothing to say. But the offer still stands. I can't leave until she knows I tried to give you a hand in friendship."

He got up and faced me with a snarky smirk. Keeping my composure, I stared back at him with a smile still on my lips.

"Then let me tell you that, no. I wouldn't be caught dead being with you and your mother. Look at her. Her clothes are not proper. Her hair is a mess. She doesn't hold herself up high. And her eyes. Two different colors, what is she a monster? She looks horrid. And I look clean and proper. You're just as bad as her. And I bet that she isn't even a witch. She is probably just a squib?" Taking deep breaths. I grabbed him by the collar of his robes.

"I warned you about those insults, you blond inbred pig! Say hi to the wall, will you!"

I pulled him to the side, making him lose his balance, and shoved his face into the wall. I was moving to another one closer to the hanging robes. He released faster than I thought and tried to shove me off. But keeping an iron grip on him, I forced his face to hit the other wall. Trying to move him to the next one, I heard a bell chime in the background as I kicked Draco's legs and forced him to fall into the wall. I went to pick him up again, but I couldn't. Looking back, I could see Mom. My angry mom. Vary is furious with Mom. Her hand was in the air, magic shining.

"HARRY JAMES POTTER SMITH! WHAT IN GOD'S GOOD NAME ARE YOU DOING!?" Sweat rolled down my face as mom marched over to me, moving her hand and forcing me to face her.

"WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT FIGHTING? YOU DO IT OUTSIDE, WHERE DAMAGES WILL BE AT A MINIMUM! LOOK AT THAT CLOTHES SHELF! IT IS DESTROYED WHEN YOU THROW THAT BOY! AND ON THAT NOTE WHY THE HELL DID YOU FIGHT HIM! JUST BY LOOKING AT HIM, YOU CAN TELL HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO THROW A PUNCH!"

I tried to talk, but she waved her hand again.

"YOU DON'T GET TO TALK JUST YET! YOU GET THAT BOY AND BRING HIM HERE NOW! AND BOTH OF YOU ARE GOING TO CLEAN UP THIS MESS! DO YOU UNDERSTAND!" Nodding quickly.

"Yes, mam." She took a deep breath, her magic dissipating, and then pointed at Draco.

"Good, now do get that boy, you get started!" Quickly moving to Draco, I grabbed him by his arms and picked him up. His feet moved, and he stood up.