Chapter 6

I finally made it to the wand shop run by Oleander. Walking into the store, small, long boxes filled the shelves and walls. A small seating area was close to the door, and the counter was right up front. No one else was in the store. I pushed Harry to the counter to ring the bell. He did so.

"Hello. Is there anyone here?" Shuffling could be heard from the back, and an older voice rang out.

" Yes, yes, I am coming. Just give me a moment. "A bang of boxes falling followed the shuffling.

" I clean that letter."

Finally, an older man with wild gray hair walked up to us. His clothes had a small layer of dirt. Looking at him, I could tell he had a deeper understanding of magic in this world. When one spotted us, his eyes trained themselves on Harry.

"Ah, I was wondering when you would come into my shop, Mr. Potter. You remind me of your parents." Harry's eyes grew.

" You knew my parents? "

" I can still see them coming in and buying their first wands. I believe you're here for that as well." He nodded. His eyes moved to me.

" And who might you be? I don't remember you coming in to buy your wand."

"No, I never got my wand here." He nodded.

" May I ask who you got it from?"

" I got it back in Texas. I don't remember the maker."

"I don't know anyone from there. Never mind that. You, Mr. Potter is here for a wand. Now tell me what hand you write with?" He moved from around the counter and took out a measuring tape. Measuring Harry's arm and even shoulder.

"I am right-handed."

" And you, mam, what hand do you use?"

" I'm left-handed. I don't think I introduced myself. Names Alex Smith. This is my son Harry Smith, but you already know he is Harry Potter." He moved away from Harry, and the tape kept measuring for him as he looked around the shelves.

" It is lovely to meet you, Mis. Smith. As you know, I am Olivander. So you adopted Harry, then." Harry looked at him and smiled, interrupting me before I could talk.

"Yup, and she is so strong! She taught me potions and other things before I could get a wand." A small bush of endorsement spread on my face. Olivander looks shocked but keeps looking, grabbing wands as he goes.

"That is impressive. Do you do potions?"

"It's a hobby of mine." I nodded. Midnight was moved from my neck to my arm, traveling to my hand.

"Hey, Harry. Midnight wants to sit on you. Do you mind?" He picked up Midnight, smiling at him as she tickled his ear with her tongue.

"No, I don't. "

"Alright, I found all the wands we could try first. Mis. Smith, please have a seat. This may take a while." I moved to sit down next to Hegwig, who screeched at once I sat down.

"By god's bird. Can a woman sit and relax?" I turned back to Harry, and he started picking up wands and giving them a wall.

An hour passed, and no wand had chosen him. At this point, I think we went through the whole stock. That was until Mr. Olivander started to get excited. Saying I wondered over and over. He came back with a box. Opening it, he took it out and pointed the end to Harry.

"Here, give this one a try." Harry picked it up, and the wind picked up around him, glowing slightly. I sat up and ran to pick him up. I was hugging him tight.

"Oh, you did it! You got yourself a wand! I am so proud of you, Harry!" He smiled back. I put him down and started messing with his hair.

"Curious, very curious?" Harry turned to him, tilting his head to the side.