24

For the past few weeks, Ayano balanced her work and training for the Sports Festival. No matter how tired she was, she always found time to work her stamina and strength. Joint training sessions with her two friends allowed her to learn from them, as well as the other way around. After what seemed like forever and numerous days of straight training, it was finally time for the Festival.

Ayano smiled in amazement as she entered the school grounds. Surrounding the entrance were stalls upon stalls of products and food that all split up into different directions, each leading to different arenas for each year.

Mina squealed as she caught sight of one of the booths. They had a variety of Present Mic merchandise. T-shirts, jackets, Funko Pops, and even some signed albums from the singer himself. Ayano yelped as she was dragged over to the stall. Looking at her friend, she shook her head as Mina began grabbing whatever she could get her hands on. She stopped her before she could take the whole stock.

When they left the booth, Mina struggled away the fifteen products she bought.

"And where are you going to put those stuff exactly?" Ayano chuckled in amusement.

The pink-colored girl grinned as she looked up. "Eh, wherever we're staying I guess."

As they both got to the entrance of the 1st year arena, one of the staff members directed them to the waiting room for their class. It was down on the right, and it was the first door to the right. Ayano and Mina followed the directions, and once they were at the door, they opened it.

Some of their classmates were already there, either conversing or on their phones as they wore their gym clothes. They turned at the sound of the door, and one of them immediately sat up, eyes widened as they stared at the stuff in horned-girl's hands.

"Holy crap, how much merch did you buy?!" Kaminari yelled, astonished.

Mina cackled as she placed them in a locker. The amount of money she spent on them was horrendous, and it made Ayano wonder how she even had that kind of cash in the first place. Those were definitely not cheap. Especially since the man was the one hosting the Sports Festival for the first years. Kaminari was also a fan of Present Mic, so while he begged to have one of the products from Mina because he didn't have the money to buy that much, Ayano left to change into her gym uniform.

When she came back, Eijiro waved her over. He was sitting in the table on the right with Sero and Todoroki. And Bakugo. Her finger twitched at her side, and with a deep breath, she went over and sat down.

"Hey Ayano!"

"Yo, Sakashima."

Both Eijiro and Sero greeted. Ayano gave them a small smile. As they began to talk to eachother, it made it easier for Ayano to ignore the two other boys at the table. Although she didn't really care much for Bakugo, she could feel the ice-cold stare coming from the bi-colored male next to her. For the past few minutes, he continued to stare at the girl, and Ayano began to grow uncomfortable. Then, the other class rep burst through the door, yelling at everyone to get ready.

A slight screech came from the chair next to her, and Ayano looked up at Todoroki as he began walking to the other side of the table. Her eyes followed his figure. He stopped.

"Midoriya," he said.

The boy in front of him turned around to meet his blank expression. Ayano could just see his nerves flare up at the sight of their classmate.

"H-hey Todoroki, what's up?" he mumbled hesitantly.

"From an objective standpoint, I think it's fairly clear that I'm stronger than you."