Kindness Goes A Long Way

Central Park, January 1, 2015

(Y/N) sat on a park bench, disheveled beyond belief.

His shirt was tucked out, his tie loosened, and this wasn't the first time something like this had happened.

Another day gone, another job interview lost.

At least Gwen found a gig at a local pub after she quit the boogie job.

THOSE INTERVIEWERS ARE SUCH PRICKS. ARE WE SURE YOUR POPS DON'T HAVE A HAND IN THIS?

That made (Y/N) pause, that could be the case.

"Or I'm just not good enough..." (Y/N) wondered out loud.

NO. I'M NOT GONNA PRAISE YOUR ASS, BUT I'LL TELL YOU WHEN IT'S OBVIOUS. IT'S NOT YOU, IT'S THEM.

"Thanks, Noise... I mean it." Well, at least he has the support of Gwen and Noise in this.

YEAH YEAH... NOW, WHAT WILL YOU DO? CAP WILL WANT YOU BY HIS SIDE, HE TRUSTS YOU LIKE THAT, BUT YOU CAN'T REALLY GO IF YOU GET A JOB.

"I know! I know... This is all so sudden, it's like every fu-" He spotted a child looking at him, "-freaking... thing is just on top of me all of a sudden."

He had earphones in his ear, the same ones Gwen gifted him, he found it quite effective to hide his communication with Noise.

I DO KNOW THINGS WORK OUT AT THE END OF THE DAY... THEY WORKED OUT FOR ME.

"Is that you admitting you enjoy my company?" (Y/N) smirked, a teasing tone in his voice.

...I WOULDN'T CHANGE IT FOR ANYTHING.

Those words stopped (Y/N)'s smirk, he hadn't expected Noise to be so... Genuine. Sincere. But those words came deep from the Symbiote's heart.

Did Noise even have a physical heart?

He didn't have long to ponder when he heard footsteps heading straight for him.

'Not again' He thought, already sick and tired of Felicia, she had been 'trying' to get (Y/N) and Gwen in a threesome.

What disturbed him the most, was that this was simply a conquest for her, she didn't care for them beyond their bodies and looks.

Well, that's the implication (Y/N) got from her.

Gwen had become almost insensitive to her attempts, webbing her to random places without even acknowledging her.

(Y/N) tried to understand her, as he always tried with people. But she... he just felt bad for her. Even now, she tried to gain a moment of pleasure that would flee away from her as quickly as it came.

But he was surprised, perhaps unpleasantly when the sour face of someone he never expected to see again popped up beside him on the bench.

J. Freaking. Jonah. Jameson.

His face wasn't exactly sour, it was... austere for lack of a better word.

"(Y/N) (L/N)." The publicist remembered. J.J.J. was the first person to hear (Y/N)'s new surname, the one he chose for himself.

But he remembered.

"U-Uh... Hey. Jonah..." (Y/N) awkwardly greeted his former boss. "How are you doing?"

"My proctologist rescheduled at the last moment, My wife's been going through my messages, My only child has not talked to me in years." The man had a sneer on his already harsh face Before it mellowed out. "All in all, I'd say, it's been a pretty good week!"