Charity And Charado

(Y/N) wandered the field of white roses holding someone's hand.

He craned his neck only for the person to disappear though the distinct smell of Gwen lingered.

(Y/N) smiled fondly not expecting the sudden torrent of blazing hot power that interrupted his peace.

The energy dropped in the middle of the field, some ways away from (Y/N).

"I told you I wasn't done." He talked, his voice coming off as broken and rocky, missing syllables.

The being walked out of the burning smoke he made, his suit a clear contrast to his destroyed face.

Yet those eyes could never be mistaken.

(Y/N) Graythorne... The CEO.

He looked at himself with an oh-so-familiar Cheshire grin.

"You really thought you could escape me just because you what? broke my jaw?" The visage chuckled, his voice rumbling, "No. I am you."

"Shut up." (Y/N) ordered, but it didn't have any power to it.

"You can try to deny me all you want, but all it takes is one slip. One mistake and you're down the sliding slope called the Father Express." 

"I will be better than you." (Y/N) resolutely stated.

"You already are." The CEO admitted, his eyes glowing for a brief second, a dangerous glint in them, "But for how long?"

_____

(Y/N) woke with a sudden jolt.

He was sweating quite heavily, though he could not determine why.

(Y/N) sighed loudly and looked to his side to notice Gwen was gone.

Though the smell of eggs cooking solved that riddle for him quickly.

(Y/N) let out a loud yawn and stretched his arms way above his head.

He got up slowly and used a towel to clean himself.

GOOD MORNING, ASSHOLE.

(Y/N) sighed first thing in the morning, "Good morning, mate."

He walked towards the window and clutched the curtains.

WAIT, DON-

(Y/N) threw the curtains open and was immediately assaulted by the flashes of multiple cameras aimed straight at him.

He grunted and closed the curtains before they took more pictures of his naked upper body.

TOLD YOU. ENJOY THE TABLOIDS, BUD.

(Y/N) sighed once again, nursing a phantom headache.

He took his phone off the bedside table and went to walk out of their bedroom, checking his messages as he did so.

Thousands... Thousands of messages.

It was good that he had favourited the people he cared about so that their texts were on top.

He wrote a reply, telling them a short account of what had happened and forwarded it to all his inquisitive friends.

Everyone except Pietro, because he hadn't asked (Y/N) anything about the events of last night.

'Ay, bro? Hop on COD?' Then multiple skull emojis.

'Later, Gotta go to work.' It was true, he did have to go to work.

J.J.J. had asked him to come in, which usually only happened once a week.

That was a problem for future (Y/N) to deal with, right now all that mattered was... The Eggs and Toast that Gwen made for him.